Quantcast

majin frame.... I would probably be a dealer, but....

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
well here's the but, I need to know if you guys would buy.

I was calculating, a brand new majin 2007-08 I would sell it for 600 bucks [ top of the line chromoly, no shock, brand new ] and there's obviously cheaper ones ( different material ).

so here, I'm talking with majin right now about being a dealer, and if I'm sure that I would sell at least 3 of them, i would bring majin cycles to U.S :cheers:

pm me please, if you are interested, and i would give you all the information.

pd: now majin is making a certain amount of frames per month, he now have 2 08's out of 5 for this month already sold, and one 07 JUST ONE for this month.

Attachments

Last edited:

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
urban, el perro:

slopestyle:

hardtail fr :

08 and 07 photos already up. :bonk:

detailed info as soon as I get it from majin.

Last edited:

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
isn't?

so yeah guys, as soon as I have the specs I would upload them, and hopefully we would have majin here in the US.

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
yes you are correctly, but that's an approximate price though.

full specs soon, I'm waiting on majin for them.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
well here's the but, I need to know if you guys would buy.

I was calculating, a brand new majin 2007-08 I would sell it for 600 bucks [ top of the line chromoly, no shock, brand new ] and there's obviously cheaper ones ( different material ).

so here, I'm talking with majin right now about being a dealer, and if I'm sure that I would sell at least 3 of them, i would bring majin cycles to U.S :cheers:

pm me please, if you are interested, and i would give you all the information.

pd: now majin is making a certain amount of frames per month, he now have 2 08's out of 5 for this month already sold, and one 07 JUST ONE for this month.
Obviously I don't know anything about you and am unsure if you own or work out of a shop, or maybe would just be a private dealer. The reality is, if you need to sell only 3 as a bare minimum, you are talking about an $1800 investment...slightly more than a top of the line fork. If that seems too risky for you (or anybody looking to take this on) then I would question whether you have the resources and abilities to stand behind the product and be a responsible "dealer". I'm not trying to bash you by any means, but if you are a responsible, motivated individual, moving three frames should not be a problem.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I like the look of the white slopestyle rig that has no spring on it.

I am looking for a short travel bike, and that is nice.

dhdeskisiado

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Obviously I don't know anything about you and am unsure if you own or work out of a shop, or maybe would just be a private dealer. The reality is, if you need to sell only 3 as a bare minimum, you are talking about an $1800 investment...slightly more than a top of the line fork. If that seems too risky for you (or anybody looking to take this on) then I would question whether you have the resources and abilities to stand behind the product and be a responsible "dealer". I'm not trying to bash you by any means, but if you are a responsible, motivated individual, moving three frames should not be a problem.

all I'm trying to do is get custom made frames for a extremely fair price here in the US, and I just wanna make sure, why? even when 1800 is not that big deal, but the times that are we going through are not the best and this could be a risky move, in terms of money.

and yes I would be a responsible dealer, I work as a mechanic at a bicycle shop, and, I would do this with them, we can provide a service that you can trust, and you can be sure that you are going to get the best for a extremely fair price.

and about the amount of frames does not depend on me, majin is only making a certain amount of frames, and most of them stay in chile.

model ...producction ... already sold
md 2008 ====> 5 ...............3
md 2007 ====> 1 ................ 0
md 2009 ====> 2 ................ 1
El perro ====> 4 ................ 2
666 ====> 1 ................ 1
memory slopestyle ====> 3..................3

so the quantities are going to be small anyways, no more than 3 per month, maybe 4.

Last edited:

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
Looks like the shock mounting hardware.
ahhhh yes. seems so obvious now. if there was a nut on the end of the bolt i never even would have asked.

anyway great looking bikes. probably the best looking "garage frames" i have ever seen. would certainly like to take some runs on one. i love the single pivot, but wonder how how it feels without any linkage controlling the leverage rates? SP FTW

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
I tried to become a dealer in the UK. I had arranged to order 12 as a starting order. I paid for the first two up front as samples. Assuming I was happy with the first two the rest we had arranged to pay for half up front and half upon completion. This is quite unusual as normally everything is on credit but the due to there low price I was willing to do this.

The first one arrived that I built up as a test bike. Feedback was not to bad though there were a few consistent criticisms riders had with it. I contacted Vitox about it and he was very positive. He sent me photos of a improved version that addressed the problems I was having. Vitox was hosting a race over there and had invited my self over so I could see them in action and have a look at where there made. At this point I had already started sorting shocks for the frames, I was in talks with several retailers, had started on the website and was looking in to marketing.

However Vitox then promptly vanished. He was not answering emails, I had no luck on the phone and he did not answer any messages on here. I never even got the second frame I had already paid for. I don't know what happened or why he vanished. If any one knows what happened to him can you please ask him to give me a call. Thanks

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
I tried to become a dealer in the UK. I had arranged to order 12 as a starting order. I paid for the first two up front as samples. Assuming I was happy with the first two the rest we had arranged to pay for half up front and half upon completion. This is quite unusual as normally everything is on credit but the due to there low price I was willing to do this.

The first one arrived that I built up as a test bike. Feedback was not to bad though there were a few consistent criticisms riders had with it. I contacted Vitox about it and he was very positive. He sent me photos of a improved version that addressed the problems I was having. Vitox was hosting a race over there and had invited my self over so I could see them in action and have a look at where there made. At this point I had already started sorting shocks for the frames, I was in talks with several retailers, had started on the website and was looking in to marketing.

However Vitox then promptly vanished. He was not answering emails, I had no luck on the phone and he did not answer any messages on here. I never even got the second frame I had already paid for. I don't know what happened or why he vanished. If any one knows what happened to him can you please ask him to give me a call. Thanks

Vitox is a honest man, don't panic. But yeah, it's true sometimes he vanish and even if you try to reach him, it's nearly impossible. I assume he has concern of this affair and he will answer you the soon as possible.

GOOD idea the one you had, and I hope you have a excellent success !

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
However Vitox then promptly vanished.
I have had a similar experience with vitox in the past; while frustrating, he did resurface and eventually made good on our deal. I think there are occasions when he is travelling around South America that for connectivity or other reasons puts him off the grid for extended periods.

However, he is well-intentioned and well-established in the MTB community, so I'm sure he will turn up and deliver the frames he promised. Eventually. Just know that if tight timelines and attention to detail are a requirement for your business, buying cheap frames from SA may be a lot of headaches for you.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I'm sure he will turn up and deliver the frames he promised. Eventually. Just know that if tight timelines and attention to detail are a requirement for your business, buying cheap frames from SA may be a lot of headaches for you.
boy if that just doesn't sum up exactly why some businesses wont ever grow, nothing does. Seriously though, if you cant keep in-touch with paying customers, deliver product in a acceptable timeframe (or acknowledged timeframe) then you simply have zero business of being in business.

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to try posting on a few of the South American forums and see if any one can help me there. Though may Spanish is a bit lacking. If any one does not know to contact him please could you pass on his details or just let him know I am trying to get hold of him. Thanks

Rafoo

Chimp
Nov 30, 2009
Hi every one, I live in France and I'm really interested in the memory slopestyle frame. Do you have info about the geometry ? I emailed them but I've got no answer yet.

Thanks.

sethius

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
you can get gustavo at:
<majincycles@gmail.com>
<gcontreras@oxford.cl>

He's now the designer for Oxford bikes which the older SP will be sold under

Last edited: