Quantcast

Major (?) Accomplishment...

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
Flasback to a year and a half ago. I was just learning how to mountainbike and I was following my now hubby, but then bf, over this "tricky" (or so it seemed), root drop into a rocky riverbed/creek crossing. He made it look easy and I didn't think twice. He warned me at the bottom to control my speed. But I just flew down and endo-ed right into the rocky riverbed -- speparating my shouldier. We continued on the ride b/c I'm hardcore like that ;) (and didn't really know that I had separated it).

Present day: I agonized over this stupid part of the trail everyday. I was afraid to do it. But I did it today! This horrible scary monster under my bed turned out to be a dust bunny. I can't believe I avoided it until now. My hubby had started getting on my case about it last week -- that I needed to give it a try and that I had progressed as a rider since then and shouldn't be afraid of something so simple. He was right. I think he may have more confidence in me then I do myself sometimes.

Anyways, that is my news for the day. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That's AWESOME! I have had similar accomplishments and have also thought "why was I so afraid of that". My husband tends to have WAY more confidence in my riding ability than I do, but I am getting better.

Congratulations!!!

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
Great job, mohshee! Doesn't it feel awesome?! There's something about conquering past demons that totally kicks ass!

(Now, since we won't be racing the NORBA circuit next year, we're going to have to make a special trip to Deer Valley so I can do that silly wall drop :) )

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
mohshee said:
Are you racing MSC stuff next year instead, Steph?
probably not, just because it's so far away from SoCal.

we are DONE with NORBA. they put out two rules that caused Dan to change his mind about the racing season: (1) the overall NORBA series winner has to race at Snowmass to win and (2) you can only drop two races. well, apparently at Snowmass they did not heed these rules. i mean, come on, they publish the rules on USAcycling's website and then they don't abide by them. bull....