Quantcast

Major setup changes, need help

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Well recently i destroyed my fork:

everything got smashed when my coil broke from over shooting a table at the local dj park :imstupid:, if you cant tell which one i broke i dont need your help...

so now i'm getting a new fork. i'm getting a manitou splice. the splice is a disc brake only fork and i currently have rim brakes ( i know i'm a noob) my bike is a scott voltage and i love this bike and wouldnt trade it for anything, but back to the point, i was thinking that i might just not put front brakes on the front for now (a few weeks at the most). i could maybe do mech. discs in the front and rim brakes in the back. also i want to keep my lever so it will match and just use a new cable with the disc brake, and is there anything else that i will need besides a new hub in the front

carseatcivic

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
armpit of America
Runnig a rear brake only will really hurt your braking power. But if you ride dj's only, you should be able to swing it. If you're front hub is disc ready then I'de search ebay, price point, jenson, or another site for juicy 3's, 5's or even bb7's. Just leave the rear as is.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
yea running rear only is probably a bad idea cause i only do djs like once a week (i try to ride at least 4 days a week) and the rest of the time its like northshore xc and some freeride. i guess i could just do a little more dj and urban for a while

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I'm voting for the avid cable discs. You seem to be on a budget, and you can't go wrong with those. Way cheaper and easier to setup/fix than hydros. You can even hang on to your old levers.