Quantcast

major t.storms at the rock last night.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
it figures.
just about the time we get through bustin our butts getting all the trails perfect.
mother nature comes rippin through.
i have reports from up there this morning of 100m.p.h. winds.
trees are down everywhere i'm sure.

and terry and i were just talking on the way home yesterday about not having to do a thing to the trails before this weekend.

so much for that.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I bet the local utility companies (TVA and one more?) were liking those winds. Jimmy Ray and Billy Bob are going to save $.38 on this month's electric bill for the deluxe double wide.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
d.e.f. said:
I bet the local utility companies (TVA and one more?) were liking those winds. Jimmy Ray and Billy Bob are going to save $.38 on this month's electric bill for the deluxe double wide.
the blades on those windmills are the variable pitch type.
i'm not sure what the max wind limit is. (way below 100 i'm sure.)
but when they get to a certain velocity, they rotate around and stop spinning.

right now i can only imagine how many trees are down and how trashed the trails are.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
about pee'd my pants around 2pm in the morning. We don't have blinds on the new bedroom window yet....
a lot of people were doing that up here saturday afternoon.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
dhbuilder said:
right now i can only imagine how many trees are down and how trashed the trails are.
The waterfront is trashed here in town. Spent all morning out on it only to see on the ride up river the sewage treatment plant on Neyland was discharging. Love my job sometimes. :help:

I was going to offer the services of an MS360 and fairly experienced sawyer, but the saw has been taken home to be lost by my boss. If I can get it back, I'll let you know.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
thanks man.

whatever damage we suffered i'll have to get repaired by friday morning.

this sucks.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Oh boy. I'd better call up the 'rents tonight and make sure they didn't blow off the mountain.

Good luck cleaning up Joey.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Thanks a ton for all the work.
We'll have to bring ya a 6 pack or two.
Just let us know what flavor.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
shiner bock.
I got a 6 pack of Cottonwood Low Down Brown (made locally in Boone) in the fridge. I'd offer to bring you a few of them...but I got a lot of yardwork this week...don't think they'll be seing the weekend...:cool: How much is a six pack of PBR....haven't bought that crap since my senior year of college...at least...I think i was a senior

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
i used to work there back when it was called tumbleweeds.

i miss free beer. :drool:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
at the end of the road racing season in texas (yes, i admit it. i was once a uscf card carryin cat 3 roadie.)
there was a "ride" from austin to the shiner brewery.
just a tic under a century, and it always turned into a hammerfest.

once you arrived, you could drink all you wanted, they'd pour all of us back into a bus and send us back to austin. a more fun filled drunken bus ride there's not.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
crazy assed texans.
i only did that once.
the road down from austin was roller after roller.
thankfully the bus had a head in the back.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
we got lucky and didn't get very much in the way of damage from those storms.
a few downed trees, i'll take care of tommorrow.
mostly just branches and vines.

as usual the new routing of their drainage above the waterfall, blew that out again. i think once we get into a drier time of year, we'll have to go down in there with cement and mortar those rocks in.

cut a new entrance into the shotgun trail (road gap) increasing the speed into that jump.
i'll be working on shaving down the flat part of the lander tommorrow.

opened up the trail between snakerock over to 14 along the top of darkhollow. making for another new route.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
bizutch said:
wow...low blood sugar, low body fat percentage, empty stomach, spandex and free 8% alcohol by volume brews and a DD...so roadies do get shatfaced....!!!! :confused:
yep.
motavated too.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
GravityFreakTJ said:
joey you say that like it's a bad thing.some of us still are card carryin roadies:rofl:
you have my sympathies.

you can return to the dark side any time you want.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
dhbuilder said:
you have my sympathies.

you can return to the dark side any time you want.

i'm sure at some point i will but right now i have to sweet a deal to pass up:cool: ....i am planning on getting down there this year if i ever have a off weekend but between road races,crits and xc races those weekends are few and far between. by the way i raced against some boys from Knoxville a couple of weekends ago in Columbia (Chickasaw),i think they were from Bike Zoo??