Quantcast

major TRAUMATIC event at our house today!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
ok... im working on the garage sale this morning and the kids come running up to me and tell me that Willie Nelson, our lab, has caught a bird and broken its wing and it is flopping on the ground... i go running over and my oldest son is on the ground about to cry, petting this bird, it gets up and starts hopping but tries to fly and lands on its head... it has a broken wing for sure... it cant fly and im freaking cuz we have tons of cats in this neighborhood that would eat it... sooo i panic and call cooter and ask him what to do... well he says, kill it so you put it out of its misery... i explain that it is hopping and not hurt except for the wing... my kids are freaking and we CANT kill a living thing... we just cant... sooo i call some local animal hospitals and found the one that we took the last bird we found almost dead and they offered to look at this bird and see what they could do...

they just called us and told us that the bird is gonna be fine... they used masking tape as a splint and sent it home with one of the part time vet assistants to nurse the "robin" back to health and then set it free!!! yeah!

last time we took one to this vet, they called and told us that they wanted to give us their condolensces because "bird doe" didnt make it... it was sooo sad... but yet sooo sweet that they called and really took it seriously and my kids appreciated the call even though the news was horrible to them... this time was MUCH better news!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I hit a titmouse (small bird kinda like a chickadee) with my car and it just sat there on the yellow line of the road panting, really stunned for a few minutes. I picked it up and it seemed as though it was dying from internal injuries. It also had a tweaked wing. I drove it home and called the animal rescue, they said to put in a shoebox with holes cut for air flow and leave it alone for a while. I opened the shoebox a while later and the lil' bugger flew right out and tried to land on my stained glass window that has the image of a tree branch in it. He was totally fine! We let him go and he flew away.

glad your birdy lived!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by BurlySurly
hahahahha!

Cooter said "kill it"

I like that guy sometimes.:D
well he is from the country and learned to take care of things that nature didnt complete for itself... sooo i understood why he wanted me to do that but i just couldnt do it myself...

he never wants to kill anything but has to sometimes when it is just gonna suffer... or threatens our safety... like the bull snake on the trail the other day! he felt bad about killing it but it was hissing at the dogs!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
well he is from the country and learned to take care of things that nature didnt complete for itself... sooo i understood why he wanted me to do that but i just couldnt do it myself...

he never wants to kill anything but has to sometimes when it is just gonna suffer... or threatens our safety... like the bull snake on the trail the other day! he felt bad about killing it but it was hissing at the dogs!
i swear to god you guys need your own reality show.

mind if i pitch the idea to some people i know?

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by punkassean
I hit a titmouse (small bird kinda like a chickadee) with my car and it just sat there on the yellow line of the road panting, really stunned for a few minutes. I picked it up and it seemed as though it was dying from internal injuries. It also had a tweaked wing. I drove it home and called the animal rescue, they said to put in a shoebox with holes cut for air flow and leave it alone for a while. I opened the shoebox a while later and the lil' bugger flew right out and tried to land on my stained glass window that has the image of a tree branch in it. He was totally fine! We let him go and he flew away.

glad your birdy lived!
i love that story!~

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by punkassean

glad your birdy lived!
a TITMOUSE! A CHICKADEE! I didn't know Santa Cruz had such a variety of odd named birds...

Funny I always thought a titmouse was a rat with boobs...

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001

they just called us and told us that the bird is gonna be fine... they used masking tape as a splint and sent it home with one of the part time vet assistants to nurse the "robin" back to health and then set it free!!! yeah!

that's code for -

"yeah, we all laughed once the crazy lady left, clubed it in the head, tossed it in the dumpster, and went to Red Robin for lunch and drinks"

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by DHRacer
that's code for -

"yeah, we all laughed once the crazy lady left, clubed it in the head, tossed it in the dumpster, and went to Red Robin for lunch and drinks"
bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahh:D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)

Man what is up with these hicks...my brother and I had had this kitty cat for 17 years...we loved it...and it was ready to die from old age and I was hysterical and my brother was trying to keep his cool and we were trying to decide if we should wait till morning to take her to the vet to be put down. It was awful...and my grandma who grew up on a farm in Oklahoma was like just take her out back and knock her on the head! I was like GRANDMA JEZUS CHRYST! Times have CHANGED for cryin out loud...we're not back in 1916 in a freakin barnyard!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by DHRacer
that's code for -

ha ha... i would believe that except last time we took a baby bird in, with no wings, no life at all... just a moving beak... they called ME and told me that they were very sorry for our loss! ha ha

they are really sweet... they are the only vet in town that will take wild birds... i love them!:)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HA HA HA, your dogs name is Willie Nelson... ha.... ha ha .....

"I don't care who you are thats funny"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by dh girlie
Man what is up with these hicks...my brother and I had had this kitty cat for 17 years...we loved it...and it was ready to die from old age and I was hysterical and my brother was trying to keep his cool and we were trying to decide if we should wait till morning to take her to the vet to be put down. It was awful...and my grandma who grew up on a farm in Oklahoma was like just take her out back and knock her on the head! I was like GRANDMA JEZUS CHRYST! Times have CHANGED for cryin out loud...we're not back in 1916 in a freakin barnyard!
My cousin's cat 'Cheddar' got hit by a car and was hurt kinda bad he was in serious pain and meow yelping so we went into the house to find a way to move it, we couldnt find anything so we came out with an aluminum baseball bat and crushed its skull in 1 bash... no more meow yelping, big mess though.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
My cousin's cat 'Cheddar' got hit by a car and was hurt kinda bad he was in serious pain and meow yelping so we went into the house to find a way to move it, we couldnt find anything so we came out with an aluminum baseball bat and crushed its skull in 1 bash... no more meow yelping, big mess though.
You kissed him upside the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat your name is mud...

That's sad...poor kitty...

J

JRB

Originally posted by stosh

Dude - don't ever mock rednecks if you say that. :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We shot our dog when he was real sick. We took him down to the farm where I worked and put him on a nice big pillow in the middle of the field and the farm manager took him out quicker then having him "put down" aka killed and it didn't cost a thing. Plus the last thing the dog saw was the beautiful woods and a huge grassy field. He probably thought he was already in heaven.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
actually the dawg's name is just Willie, my last name is Nelson, that's how we roll here :thumb:

It's funny because we call my GF's mom Willie as in Willie Nelson because she's got the same hair...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Why? Does it turn you on? :devil: :D
You need someone to make it an animated GIF with the lights flashing on and off.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK

ok the funny thing is... we names him willie, knowing that cooters last name was nelson sooo we thought that was cute but we want a black or chocolate lab now and name him waylon!

willie and waylon and the boys!

i love that!

true rednecks at heart! ha ha

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
The key to do it without a mess is to take 2 bricks and go at it guillotiune style right at the base of the skull...works like a charm. Either that or a shotty on smaller animals doesnt really leave too much of a mess cuz the poor thing will essentially vaporize. :dead:

Edit: Im with laura on this one....birds suck!:mad:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
ok the funny thing is... we names him willie, knowing that cooters last name was nelson sooo we thought that was cute but we want a black or chocolate lab now and name him waylon!

willie and waylon and the boys!

i love that!

true rednecks at heart! ha ha

and then plan our move to Lukenbach, Texas :cool:

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by Rip
It's just a damn ordinary bird, nothing rare about it.
it was a bird that minding its own business in our yard, eating berries off my tree when out of no where Willie Nelson grabbed him and broke him... :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
and then plan our move to Lukenbach, Texas :cool:

Lukenbach doesn't mean anything to me but I'm assuming that it's pretty redneck.

I live in a pretty redneck area. I like it, it's funny when I used to work in the deli down the road and it would be funny to see how drunk some of the hicks were. They would always buy Golen Anniversary beer.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
it was a bird that minding its own business in our yard, eating berries off my tree when out of no where Willie Nelson grabbed him and broke him... :(
Punk bird should have fought back. 12ga to the head. Kill and bury him all at the same time.;)

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Lukenbach doesn't mean anything to me but I'm assuming that it's pretty redneck.
there's a song about lukenbach, tx... and willie and waylon and the boys!

come on stosh... i know you have to know the old tune!

jog ur memory... go download it... im sure u have heard it!