Quantcast

major TRAUMATIC event at our house today!

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
it was a bird that minding its own business in our yard, eating berries off my tree when out of no where Willie Nelson grabbed him and broke him... :(
Mental image of Willie nelson grabbing a little bird... I have no idea why that is so damn funny to me but it is.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by Booker
Punk bird should have fought back. 12ga to the head. Kill and bury him all at the same time.;)
my kids would have FREAKED...

i was even wanting to keep it... called cooter on the way home from the vet and mentioned getting a cage... :(

but that would be mean i know... it is used to being wild... it needs to be wild once it is well!

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
actually the dawg's name is just Willie, my last name is Nelson, that's how we roll here :thumb:
"We named the dog Indiana"

"You were named after the dog!?!"

"I've got some very fond memories of that dog."

:)

I don't know why I thought of that, but you and the dog having the same name and Indiana Jones being such a great movie, just had to throw it in here.

I would have kept the bird, for dinner.

The Ito

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
i love that story!~
They are BOTH great stories! Way to go! Most folks would just as soon stomp it as take time out of there busy schudules to help out somethin hurt!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
My cousin's cat 'Cheddar' got hit by a car and was hurt kinda bad he was in serious pain and meow yelping so we...came out with an aluminum baseball bat and crushed its skull in 1 bash... no more meow yelping, big mess though.
Now that's what I call I23593C7
(respect)

you sick lil' :monkey:

DHGirlie,

I hit the titmouse in Morgan Hill on my way to Coe for ride. I didn't know we had those either until I called the lady at the animal rescue and she told me what it was. I too thought a titmouse was a mutated asian rat sold for human consumption on the chinese black market. whuda thunk?

my buddies dog is also named willie nelson, he is the fastest single track dog west a'da Miszippy!

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
My cousin's cat 'Cheddar' got hit by a car and was hurt kinda bad he was in serious pain and meow yelping so we went into the house to find a way to move it, we couldnt find anything so we came out with an aluminum baseball bat and crushed its skull in 1 bash... no more meow yelping, big mess though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....damn I am morbid, but that made my day.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Rip
It's just a damn ordinary bird, nothing rare about it.
just like you are a "damn ordinary" person, should we bash your head with a baseball bat if you break your arm? I don't get it?:confused: :D

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Originally posted by punkassean
just like you are a "damn ordinary" person, should we bash your head with a baseball bat if you break your arm? I don't get it?:confused: :D
Unlike a bird, a broken arm is not a life or death situation.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Rip
Unlike a bird, a broken arm is not a life or death situation.
A broken wing to a bird (with human care) is about as serious as a broken arm to a human. The bird was saved by medical treatment, without medical treatment your broken arm could lead to death. There are facilities to help injured animals, any measure that can be taken should be taken to do so. PERIOD. I'm not a Buddhist but I don't go around killing slightly injured animals when they could be helped. Let a doctor decide, sometimes injuries look much more serious than they are and vise versa.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
A broken wing to a bird (with human care) is about as serious as a broken arm to a human. The bird was saved by medical treatment, without medical treatment your broken arm could lead to death. There are facilities to help injured animals, any measure that can be taken should be taken to do so. PERIOD. I'm not a Buddhist but I don't go around killing slightly injured animals when they could be helped. Let a doctor decide, sometimes injuries look much more serious than they are and vise versa.
um....its a bird.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
there's a song about lukenbach, tx... and willie and waylon and the boys!

come on stosh... i know you have to know the old tune!

jog ur memory... go download it... im sure u have heard it!
"this successfull life were live'n

got's us fueding like the hatfields and McCoys.....

Errrr or something

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I have gone with my Fiance to bring a bird to the wildlife shelter. Her cat got a hold of a young bird (not yet able to fly) and was playing with it. I don't think the bird knew enough to kill it. Yet my father grew up on a farm in northern MN where they would have to go out and kill barn kittens because their population would explode real fast....they only needed enough around to keep rats out of the hay/barn.

I am sheltered in that respect. I haven't had to put an animal down in person, gone hunting (except for pigeons on the family farm). I am conflicted on how much care should be given even to a family pet. How many thousands of dollars am I ready to spend to keep a pup alive? I know someone who has had his dog in for cancer treatment. It is an awsome dog, full of life, but the financial burden is high. On the farm the dog would have been allowed to live as long as it could function then it would be put to sleep (farm talk for shot)

A friend had a GF that worked at a pound and rescued a Pittbull. It was to be put to death because no one wanted it. It was a realatively mild mannered animal....he said if the dog ever bit at anyone he would shoot it himself. I kind of beleived him, yet kinda thought he was boasting. Come to find out it got a peice of his GF (she wasn't seriously harmed) and he took it out back and shot it dead. They are no longer together.

I am being serious here:

On the farm there weren't any dangerous dogs.....only the nice ones survived. You didn't keep dogs around that were likely to do harm.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Originally posted by BurlySurly
um....its a bird.
You are so insensitive to our feathered friends. :devil:

It's a bird.

Nice gesture, however, taking it to the vet, I probably would have had to have the, "Girls, you like chicken nuggets, right?" speech.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
There are facilities to help injured animals

yep, and my "facility" of choice would have been the front lawn with (insert blunt object of choice)

no need wasting my time or the vets with a damn bird. they're gonna let it go, and the fooking thing will get shot by some kid with a BB gun

glad i'm not spending any of my cash on it, what a waste