Quantcast

Majority of Republicans Doubt Theory of Evolution

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Who feeds people like David Hill that kind of info? I live in the south, I attended the public schools, I know several old timers and Ive even been to church a handfull of times. I never met anyone who tried to convince me that evolution was "the devils work" or anything like that.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
I think that perfection goes along the line of the way life develops, not how it works. Like everytime a molecule of DNA gets replicated, our system tries to make it as perfect as possible, there are some mistakes (mutations) but still most of the job gets done flawlessly.
And for those who refuse to believe the current evolution theory, you should read a little bit about the GENETIC CODE, we share it with 90+% of living creatures on earth, giving the idea that all earthlings comes from a common "father".

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Who feeds people like David Hill that kind of info? I live in the south, I attended the public schools, I know several old timers and Ive even been to church a handfull of times. I never met anyone who tried to convince me that evolution was "the devils work" or anything like that.
Yep, same here.
Kids would learn about evolution in school during the week and go to church on Sunday. Its not that complicated for people with common sense.
The only people I have seen who are adamant against evolution is an individual crackpot or some of those small cultish churches that are around.
You know the ones that say women can't wear pants which would be great if dresses and skirts did not exist.
I did go to college with this guy, dumbest dude ever.
He was in my public speaking class, and he gave this speech against evolution. After a ton of dumbass statements he got to this gem which I will never forget:
"And Black people should really be against evolution. According to evolution, black people have not evolved from apes as much as white people."
This was a big class with a lot of different races in it as well.
It was a fun trainwreck to watch.

L

luelling

Yep, same here.
Kids would learn about evolution in school during the week and go to church on Sunday. Its not that complicated for people with common sense.
The only people I have seen who are adamant against evolution is an individual crackpot or some of those small cultish churches that are around.
You know the ones that say women can't wear pants which would be great if dresses and skirts did not exist.
He was in my public speaking class, and he gave this speech against evolution. After a ton of dumbass statements he got to this gem which I will never forget:
"And Black people should really be against evolution. According to evolution, black people have not evolved from apes as much as white people."
I wish I could have been there to watch!!!:busted:

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Yep, same here.
Check out "Jesus Camp" and see what kind of people push that "evilution is Satan" carp.