Quantcast

Make sure when you perform surgery on yourself.......

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
That you do it in private:angry: A coworker came into my cube as I was cutting out a huge sliver from the fleshy area between my thumb and palm (what is that called??) with a razor and I cut the damn sliver in half when she screamed. Now I can't get the facker out at all! Freekin' killing me now! Then everyone had to come over and see what was going on. There should be a rule about coming into someones cube when they are on lunch. Just a big freekin' bloody mess now. Can't you get sick from a sliver from pressure treated wood? :mad: ......jdcamb

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Originally posted by jdcamb
Can't you get sick from a sliver from pressure treated wood? :mad: ......jdcamb
Any splinter can cause a serious infection. Some people believe that the arsenic in pressure treated wood is responsible.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Originally posted by Wumpus
Some people believe that the arsenic in pressure treated wood is responsible.
Arsenic makes you very sick long before you have enough of it in you to kill you. A doctor/scout leader said that about the worst that an adult can reasonabley expect to do to thenmselves is to puke their brains out if pressure treated wood is used in a campfire or BBQ. The vomiting would make you too disfunctionable to stay close enough to the smoke/ eat enough meat to kill yourself. But ingesting a large amount of arsenic all at once is a different matter.

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
Originally posted by jdcamb
That you do it in private:angry: A coworker came into my cube as I was cutting out a huge sliver from the fleshy area between my thumb and palm (what is that called??) with a razor and I cut the damn sliver in half when she screamed. Now I can't get the facker out at all! Freekin' killing me now! Then everyone had to come over and see what was going on. There should be a rule about coming into someones cube when they are on lunch. Just a big freekin' bloody mess now. Can't you get sick from a sliver from pressure treated wood? :mad: ......jdcamb
try milk soaked bread on it... it works

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i got a treated cedar roofing shake sliver lodged in my pinky finger by my finger nail. A real tricky area for sure. i thought i had dug all of it out, but evidently missed a huge chunk. After a week of slight nagging pain and swelling i peeled the scab off from my self-surgery and all kinds of nasty infection and the rest of the sliver squeezed out, just like a zit. Feeling relieved i proceeded to squirt it on my teriyaki and eat it. yum.:) :devil: