Quantcast

Make sure you know who you're e-threatening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
$50 says the d-bag with the myspace page also has an Insane Clown Posse tattoo, right next to his "420" tattoo :D
Wait, are you telling me "Juggalo" isn't some sort of code word for "genius?"

Wow, I need to go see the man with the laser. Knew that ass tattoo was a bad plan.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
"it's just pot...." yeah, a LOT of pot that usually carries with it a negative societal impact.
I had a neighbor that was dealing. He had people comming and going all hours of the day and night. I thought he was selling coke or meth based on the amount of traffic. As it turns out he was moving huge quantities of weed. At the level he was involved, there was more at risk. One day I came home from work and found half the local pd in my neighborhood. This 18 yr old dip sh1t had gotten shot in his driveway in broad daylight. The cops found $60k and 14 pounds of weed.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Why anyone hasn't asked this, I don't know.

"Is the guy from Santa Cruz or Humboldt?"

If he's from either, the city will confiscate his crops and certain judges, court clerks, and maybe even a mayor might show up to work red-eyed for a few days due to "glaucoma".

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
of course not, any agency would be stoked to have that dropped in their lap.

Well you used the fact that he was in California to lessen the effect of what you're doing. So if this guy was in Kansas, then yeah, you might be really drastically altering his future. But then again he may not have been posting those dumbass photos in the first place.... Hard to say.

how about this. lets say that the local narcotic distribution company, aka: street gang, finds out about his little grow operation and wants in on it. he refuses and not long after his house is shot up. does that now pose a threat worthy of spending 30 minutes of my time taking care of? "it's just pot...." yeah, a LOT of pot that usually carries with it a negative societal impact.
You're a saint :rofl:

We've definitely got some cultural differences. You and some others in this thread readily equate pot with some some genuinely gnarly, addictive substances. Not everyone who smokes pot is a bad person. Depending solely on where you live, you might be a criminal, but potheads don't go breaking into pawnshops to feed the habit. (too much work, when there's a fine bag of doritos sitting at home :D). That also doesn't mean they're connected with selling coke or speed. Personally, I don't make that connection. Just because someone smokes weed, that doesn't mean they're a threat to society. How many wife beatings have occurred under the influence of alcohol?

But anyway......the guy is in california. That may have both created the situation in that he feels he can share his activities, and greatly reduced the overall impact.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Why anyone hasn't asked this, I don't know.

"Is the guy from Santa Cruz or Humboldt?"

If he's from either, the city will confiscate his crops and certain judges, court clerks, and maybe even a mayor might show up to work red-eyed for a few days due to "glaucoma".
That's what I was thinking. He probably has glaucoma.......lots and lots of glaucoma.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This guy seems really angry for a pot head.

I was a lot nicer when I was a pot head.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Onto more important things:

This guy obviously finds humor or gets some sort of jollies off of wishing ill-will towards soldiers who, while many of them disagree with where they are in the first place, fight for our freedom and safety, and do it with a passion that most civilians can only imagine. He also is raising a child, in a home, full of illegal narcotics, and hence perpetuating criminal activity in his home. Not everyone who buys weed is a shady character, but there are a lot of shady people out there who do, and if he's selling it out of his house, he has to be bringing in certain types of people, at some time, who are making purchases. If he isn't, then he's leaving and introducing himself, A FATHER, to other criminals. What if one of them followed him home one night? Broke in? Started shooting or stabbing? This is obviously one extreme, but it is a risk that a home without a bunch of crops doesn't have to worry about.

Of course, Manimal took an oath to serve and protect, and while most of my generation and even older generations see very little wrong with smoking pot, it's still illegal, and you're toying with a child's now-highly-tainted views of what is right and wrong, moral and immoral. This child has learned that things are okay if you don't get caught and when this guy gets busted, the lesson will be, "It's only wrong and you should only feel bad if you get caught". And I'm speaking liberally in the sense that this kids father will even feel remorse for getting caught, much more for simply doing the wrong thing.

I'm sorry, but GO Manimal. IF, by some fluke, this kid ends up in a foster home, he's so much better off than with the puke that calls himself his father.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We've definitely got some cultural differences... Not everyone who smokes pot is a bad person. Depending solely on where you live, you might be a criminal, but potheads don't go breaking into pawnshops to feed the habit. (too much work, when there's a fine bag of doritos sitting at home :D).
My God-brother, 2 weeks after turning 18, went with some friends to a home that was rumored to house a massive amount of pot plants. His friends broke in, and before anyone of them knew, one kid in particular (a totally twisted f*ck) starts slinging a tube-sock with a trailer hitch in it. The husband and wife were home when this happened. Husband comes down stairs, gets hit in his head, suffers skull fractures and brain damage. The wife gets hit in the face and body as well, suffering lesser harm but still severe injuries. My God-brother gets 1.5 years in county. Two of the other kids were minors and they got time served. The kid who brought the "deadly weapon", at the tender age of 18, was sentenced to 20 years for assault with a deadly weapon, breaking and entering, and attempted murder.

Argument regarding pot smokers denied.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We've definitely got some cultural differences. You and some others in this thread readily equate pot with some some genuinely gnarly, addictive substances. Not everyone who smokes pot is a bad person.
You seem to overlook the fact he has a grow op going on. From the looks of it, a somewhat large one for suburbia.

Pot smokers are not necessarily bad people. But someone that has a grow op and is dumb enough to post images is more than just a pothead.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
My God-brother, 2 weeks after turning 18, went with some friends to a home that was rumored to house a massive amount of pot plants. His friends broke in, and before anyone of them knew, one kid in particular (a totally twisted f*ck) starts slinging a tube-sock with a trailer hitch in it. The husband and wife were home when this happened. Husband comes down stairs, gets hit in his head, suffers skull fractures and brain damage. The wife gets hit in the face and body as well, suffering lesser harm but still severe injuries. My God-brother gets 1.5 years in county. Two of the other kids were minors and they got time served. The kid who brought the "deadly weapon", at the tender age of 18, was sentenced to 20 years for assault with a deadly weapon, breaking and entering, and attempted murder.

Argument regarding pot smokers denied.
Your one example deos not represent the majority.

Stereotype denied.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
We've definitely got some cultural differences. You and some others in this thread readily equate pot with some some genuinely gnarly, addictive substances. Not everyone who smokes pot is a bad person. Depending solely on where you live, you might be a criminal, but potheads don't go breaking into pawnshops to feed the habit. (too much work, when there's a fine bag of doritos sitting at home :D). That also doesn't mean they're connected with selling coke or speed. Personally, I don't make that connection. Just because someone smokes weed, that doesn't mean they're a threat to society. How many wife beatings have occurred under the influence of alcohol?
as i said earlier, i don't mind potheads, it's the street level dealers that are a detriment to society. this guy is growing a lot more than a "personal use" amount which usually means he's involved in the distribution process. i don't know what rock you've been hiding under but there is A LOT of violent crime associated with the SALE and DISTRIBUTION of marijuana, that's what i'm getting at. you only get to see the occasional news story about some drug related assault or robbery but i get to deal with all of the ones that don't make the news as well. so as you can guess, my tolerance for the lowlife's that sling this crap on the corner is pretty low, right on par with wife beaters. i've said several times before that i'd much rather deal with a pothead than a drunk any day but until they legalize pot, the buying/selling process will be riddled with violence and must be addressed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
until they legalize pot, the buying/selling process will be riddled with violence and must be addressed.
Right....you obviously understand the connection. And this applies directly to the douchebag in question. He lives somewhere where this IS legal, IS taxed, and IS distributed legally.

My point was just that it's not a safe assumption that everyone in the country doing this is associated with violence, regular gunplay etc.... Not saying it doesn't happen, just that the two don't go hand in hand, and throwing that on this guy may not be applicable.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And you seem to be unaware of the fact that this is perfectly legal in california if done correctly.
Possession with intent to sell any amount of marijuana is a felony under Health and Safety Code 11359. Police often charge intent to sell if they see such indicia as: scales, cash, multiple packages, "commercial" packaging materials, "excessive" quantity, pay-owe seets, address books, pagers, etc.

Cultivation of any amount of marijuana is a felony under Health and Safety Code 11358. People who grow for personal use are eligible for diversion under Penal Code 1000 so long as there is no evidence of intent to sell. There are no fixed plant number limits to personal use cultivation.

Medical marijuana: Medical patients and their designated primary caregivers may legally possess and cultivate, but not distribute or sell, marijuana under Health and Safety Code 11362.5 (Prop 215) if they have a physician's recommendation or approval.
I know in Oregon you can grow for personal use if prescribed:
Patients or Caregivers may possess up to 6 mature and 18 immature plants at any time.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
My point was just that it's not a safe assumption that everyone in the country doing this is associated with violence, regular gunplay etc.... Not saying it doesn't happen, just that the two don't go hand in hand, and throwing that on this guy may not be applicable.
i wish.
come do my job for a week, you'll probably change your mind.

by the way, my last week at work before i went to FL i got 2 guns off of 2 different guys in one day. both of them were selling weed only. college kid weed and street weed are two different worlds.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
i wish.
come do my job for a week, you'll probably change your mind.
You're still missing my point. There is a place that is very different from where you live.

The douchebag in question lives in this very place.

Besides, how many peaceful, quiet weed growers who have had no contact with the law have you had contact with? <---play find the irony.

I think it's fair to say that what you see is the grossly overt situations that warrant intervention.

You're making an absolute statement and I'm supporting a gray area. Generally speaking which is typically more accurate?

Anyway......I'm not going to change your mind. But neither one of us knows everything about everything. That I know for sure :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It's obviously NOT for personal use. If he had a single plant and was some random pot head, maybe I would feel different.
How do you know that? Pot is like tomatoes. Nobody that has a garden has just one tomato plant. In certain states he may not even be violating any laws.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Kidwoo,

Have you ever seen Life as a House? That kid was sucking **** for weed.

I know there is always a hand full of pot enthusiasts/supporters on here. Good to always have someone to debate with about the subject, but this thread is starting to get boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.