Quantcast

Make sure you know who you're e-threatening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How do you know that? Pot is like tomatoes. Nobody that has a garden has just one tomato plant. In certain states he may not even be violating any laws.
Oregon is 6 mature, 18 immature plants for medicinal use. I know California doesn't have per-plat law, but that seems like a lot.

If he gets a "knock and talk" from the local authority and shows proper documentation, then what's the big deal?

I would rather someone check and be sure than assume he's legit.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Talk about being criminally stupid, damn....

Post up proof of possession with intent to sell/distribute, the fact that you have a wife and kid (NOT good if any "co-distributors" get hold of that information...) and your license plate and address PLUS having the nerve to attract the attention of strangers on the internet....wow.

Fvck the knock and talk. Anyone running an operation out of their house with a kid on hand doesn't need a slap on the wrist. If someone is smoking something on their own time and dollar the world never knows the difference, big f'ing deal. This isn't your average gray area harmless stoner. Sorry Woo, not with ya on this one.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kidwoo,

Have you ever seen Life as a House? That kid was sucking **** for weed.
:picsstfu:

I'm not a pot enthusiast/supporter in any way...doesn't affect me one way or the other. My crack comes from the deschuttes brewery :D. I just know that I've seen some pretty unusual things that pass as normal since moving to this state and that not everyone who smokes is a danger to society.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
...not everyone who smokes is a danger to society.
True, but what Manimal is getting at is that there are dangerous violent people associated with commercial trafficking of all illegal drugs. The higher up the supply chain you go the more dangerous it gets because there is more money and consequences at risk.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
True, but what Manimal is getting at is that there are dangerous violent people associated with commercial trafficking of all illegal drugs. The higher up the supply chain you go the more dangerous it gets because there is more money and consequences at risk.
And I never once said that this is never the case. Just not universally applicable.

Anyway.....I'm over this thread. Manimal's a big boy who can live his own life, without directions from me. I still think it's kind of a harsh thing to do. If he's contractually or otherwise obligated to report these things when he finds them then that's that. I would have acted otherwise given the choice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I understand that part, but what would weed be prescribed for?

Let's just sat you were was feeling a little down, maybe even depressed, could you get a prescription for it?
If you find the "right" doctor? Yes.

A friend of a friend of mine (he is not my friend) has a script for his chronic back pain, yet he continues to work construction. He had said there are quite a few doctors in Oregon that will write you up for damn near anything.

There are also a host of co-ops that swap and trade, based on what he said.

There is a public access show hosted by a stoned doctor and a few pothead friends that talk all about indoor cultivation.

Cannabis Common Sense
The show that tells the truth about marijuana & the politics behind its prohibition.
Every Mon., 11:30 PM, Ch. 21
Every Sat., 1 PM, Ch. 21

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you find the "right" doctor? Yes.

A friend of a friend of mine (he is not my friend) has a script for his chronic back pain, yet he continues to work construction. He had said there are quite a few doctors in Oregon that will write you up for damn near anything.

There are also a host of co-ops that swap and trade, based on what he said.

There is a public access show hosted by a stoned doctor and a few pothead friends that talk all about indoor cultivation.
i'd rather people with chronic back pain be on weed than on opiates.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
There is a question on the formal interview board for prospective employees at our department. It is phrased as follows:
"In one paragraph, explain a situation where you had to make an unpopular decision."

right and wrong isn't always relative.
unpopular is usually the right decision

I'm not a pot enthusiast/supporter in any way...doesn't affect me one way or the other. My crack comes from the deschuttes brewery :D. I just know that I've seen some pretty unusual things that pass as normal since moving to this state and that not everyone who smokes is a danger to society.
Kidwoo, your right in that pot smokers don't usually present a danger to society. Most of them are prety mellow and looking for the doritos like you said, or maybe surfing at the poles:biggrin:

I think this guy deserves at the very least an investigation from the local law agency. I think manimal is doing the right thing here. Firstly, anyone who talks negative about any of our troops who are fighting and dying for our freedom doesn't get any respect from me. Secondly, he is doing something illegal if he is dealing pot and until it's legal people gotta pay the price if they get caught and manimal is a officer so.....? Personally, if he deals pot and nothing else i don't have a big issue with it. What I do have an issue with is something no one else has really talked about. This person threatened manimal with a computer virus. This makes me think he could possibly be a hacker and these are people who get into your Bank accounts and credit cards. Anyone who has had this happen knows the hassle here. Manimal could actually take it a step further and report the computer threat to the local secret service office for investigation.

For all we know it is not as bad as it looks, but we really don't have all the facts. Could be a lot worse, we are all just speculating at this point. By the way Kidwoo, I wasn't trying to single you out here so don't take it that way - i agree with some of your points, but i do think manimal is doing what he should be.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What I do have an issue with is something no one else has really talked about. This person threatened manimal with a computer virus. This makes me think he could possibly be a hacker and these are people who get into your Bank accounts and credit cards. Anyone who has had this happen knows the hassle here.
I doubt this idiot is capable creating a computer virus.

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Just to play devil's advocate here... what if this operation is the only one he posted online? What if this d-bag in question thought better of posting pics of his meth lab setup?
I'm curious... how many opinions of those opposed would be different if this were a meth lab?

This guy needed a wake up call & this may very well be the best possible situation. Anyone growing that much product isn't selling quarter bags out his back door he's selling quantity to dealers & eventually he coulda found himself in a harsher scenario... maybe even a drive by. Yes, it is absolutely unfortunate that there is a kid involved (hopefully the worst that'll happen is they go to a family member), but this guy obviously is a total dumb@$$... who the hell run's a growing op & posts pics of it online. I have a feeling his buyers would take exception to such stupidity.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I think this guy deserves at the very least an investigation from the local law agency. I think manimal is doing the right thing here. Firstly, anyone who talks negative about any of our troops who are fighting and dying for our freedom doesn't get any respect from me. Secondly, he is doing something illegal if he is dealing pot and until it's legal people gotta pay the price if they get caught and manimal is a officer so.....?
It's amazing to me that military service and marijuana use are still all tangled together in peoples' brains in this country. I guess it makes some sense. Depending on which side of the 60's you came down on you're going to have a preference.

However, as an admittedly biased party to this debate, I must point out the irony that those who decry the production and distribution of mary jane on the grounds that it might possibly hurt people in some far fetched hypothetical scenario are the same ones who sign up to kill whichever strangers the POTUS puts on the hit list this month.

Being high on pot is about the most non-violent a human being can be. As far as I'm concerned that's good for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.