Quantcast

Make sure your sneakers are well protected...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's awesome!

My sons roommate has 2 pairs of every Nike SB issued. One pair he wears, the other pair stays in the box as an "investment".

Not only are they ugly, but they cost a lot of money too!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Perfect if you live in a flood prone area and you're only investment is sneakers.

Float out onto your Pelican case and wait for the choppers.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Rent Just For Kicks. Fascinating look at the sneaker world. Some people take their kicks VERY seriously.

BTW, these are on my wishlist.

Nike Dunk Low Pro, Day of the Dead

A steal for $425

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rent Just For Kicks. Fascinating look at the sneaker world. Some people take their kicks VERY seriously.

A steal for $425
Jack goes to the shop before it opens the day of release, then has to rush to a second store because each one gets 2 pair in each size and only one per customer.

Best scam ever by Nike.

<edit> Added to my Netflix queue.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

A steal for $425
Why? I'm just going to beat them up, get them dirty, and wear them out in a year. I don't understand buying expensive sneakers, and then being ultra protective of them. Then again, there is very little about fashion that makes sense to me.

On the other hand, buying Sidis makes perfect sense. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
It's good to see our nation's inner city youth are being responsible with what little money they have by protecting those very sound "investments."

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Jack goes to the shop before it opens the day of release, then has to rush to a second store because each one gets 2 pair in each size and only one per customer.

Best scam ever by Nike.

Jack is an idiot.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Why? I'm just going to beat them up, get them dirty, and wear them out in a year. I don't understand buying expensive sneakers, and then being ultra protective of them. Then again, there is very little about fashion that makes sense to me.

On the other hand, buying Sidis makes perfect sense. :D

Why, because they are fresh.
I'm not going to beat up a $425 pair of sneakers. I'll never own a $425 pair of sneakers either. But if I did, and somebody stepped on them, I'd shoot 'em.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm not going to beat up a $425 pair of sneakers. I'll never own a $425 pair of sneakers either. But if I did, and somebody stepped on them, I'd shoot 'em.
I don't want a $425 pair of sneakers, because I don't want to worry about beating them up. I don't want to care if someone accidentally steps on them. Even if that means my kicks aren't going to be fresh.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
lol...you sure you're not from South Central??

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch

Best scam ever by Nike.

Jack is going to make some money of those shoes. It's like collecting star wars action figures or sports memorabilia. In mint condition they sell for obscene amounts of money.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jack is an idiot.
You have no idea the extent of how accurate that statement is.

I guess it's better than a drug habit. My son gives him crap all the time about it too. He has made threats about leaving the box open in the window so the sun can fade them. :rofl:

Jack is going to make some money of those shoes. It's like collecting star wars action figures or sports memorabilia. In mint condition they sell for obscene amounts of money.
Unless people get wise like they did about Beany Babies.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
What up ebay up for sale is a brand new pair of nike sb what the dunk

brand new in box. These are 100 authentic and about the only real and authentic

pair on ebay. This is a size 13, the shoes come with the reciept and a band that says these are pair number 72 out of 300 these are very limited edition. my brother camped out 2 days at salm city. He gave them to me as a gift but i have to sell due to finicial difficultly.

If you have any qustions you can email me at
100 authentic and a band numbering the shoes is the only way I roll.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
When Hip-Hop dies, so will the fetishization of sneakers. This has been going one for much longer than beanie babies.
True. Beanie Babies lasted a couple of years, tops. People have been interested in sneakers for way, way longer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When Hip-Hop dies, so will the fetishization of sneakers. This has been going one for much longer than beanie babies.
This is true, but the realization may come without the death of hip-hop. At some point someone might decide shoes are no longer the hot item, or that UGLY shoes are no longer cool.

It happens with every trend, I'm sure MC Hammer has a closet full of pants that he will never wear again.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rent the movie. It's more than a trend.
It's in my queue.

But style comes and goes. Look at the first edition Jordans. I used to get them at Copelands 2 pair for $50 once the "new" version came out. But now they sell for $5k in original condition.

Look at ball caps. Went from original, to off colors (red yankees hats?), to ugly patterns, then to "throw-backs". All the throw backs are is old stock left over from the initial fashion change.

I could be very wrong about the SB collection, but I would not be surprised if Jack ends up with a closet full of ugly ass shoes he paid WAY too much for. At least he's smart enough to buy them at retail.

<edit> the original Jordans were still the best damn skate shoe back in the day.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Oh, jack. I forgot we were talking about him specifically. Yeah, he will end up with a lot of worthless shoes, but hopefully he'll have a couple of $5,000 pairs in there. If not, he'll never need sneakers again.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh, jack. I forgot we were talking about him specifically. Yeah, he will end up with a lot of worthless shoes, but hopefully he'll have a couple of $5,000 pairs in there. If not, he'll never need sneakers again.
If only he knew they guy who decides which ones are cool. Some of the styles (the the pair I posted) are just flat wrong.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Except if he cares about shoes, which he appears to, his worthless shoes will be, well, worthless, and he won't be interested in wearing them.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BTW, does he happen to have a pair of Day of the Deads he's trying to get rid of. :)
Not sure, but I think he wears a men's 8 (he has small feet). I can ask Bman to bug Jack for them the next time I see him.

Last I heard, he was still buying 2 of every pair, but he only buys them in his size. He is also well aware what they are worth, too. Like I said, he calls them "investments". He might need the space, too.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am so impressed how the sneaker companies has created this market for special editions shoes especially considering the cost to produce the sneakers. I just will not believe that a lot of the special editions will hold their price over time especially if this trends keeps on going flooding the market eventually and special becomes standard.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

people didn't kill for beanie babies. beanie babies weren't directly marketed to gang members

simple people buy simple things and often pay ridiculous amounts of money for them. i picked up a dude a while back for a child support warrant. he told me he didn't pay his child support because he was saving for the new AF1's :disgust1: i made sure to remind him that he sucks at life.