Quantcast

Make your New Years Day plans now!

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Please consider visiting us on New Years Day at the new Stump Grinder Dirt Club!

http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_newyearsday.htm

With all the forest damage and closures, plus given the fact that New Years Day is a huge trail day for many users, why not come to the SGDC for some nice conflict free (no other trail user) DH shuttle, XC trail riding or Dual Slalom practice!

And if you want to get out and do some trail work this Saturday please go to post #41 on this thread http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...=191796&page=3

Thanks,

Hecky

:clapping:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Hi Monkeys! Merry Christmas! We've had a bit of scare over the past few days with our 4 week old baby boy Evan. I'm writing this from the Pediatric wing of Cottage Hospital in SB where Evan and Trish and I have been since Saturday. Charlotte is such a little trooper and is up in the Bay Area spending Christmas with grandma.

Evan has a serious "bug" or bacteria in his urinary tract, only now have the doctors been able to make strides in isolating it, he has been poked and prodded beyond belief, has been on IV antibiotics, had blood drawn, a catheter, and a spinal tap. WOW. He may have a small issue with his bladder, we will know any day, that can be easily corrected. But thank god, that in short order he is going to be just fine! Evan will be released Friday afternoon.
:clapping: :busted: :monkeydance:

So The Happy New Years from the SGDC Ride is on and is only one week from today. The info page is here http://www.ridesb.com/sgdc_newyearsday.htm. Please note that if it rains hard within 4 days the rain date is 1/5/08. The site will be updated with that info soon.

Also, this Saturday and Sunday the 29th and 30th we will have two trail work days, the same rules apply as always, come out at 8 AM and work until 12 and then ride in the after noon for free.

I hope that everyone can make it, please keep Evan in your hearts, and remember that Christmas is truly a very special time.

Thanks,

Mike Hecker :clapping:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hey Mike!

Hope your lil one gets better. I can't imagine going though all that especially around the Holidays. Good luck with everything!

We should be able to be up there (weather permitting) for the big day, should be a blast.

Take Care, hope all stays well
-Chris

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and prayers sent Evan's way. His last test came out great and showed no signs of the feared reflux in his bladder. He's going home later today!

Hope to see you all on New Years Day or over the weekend, tomorrow and Sunday for trail work!

mh

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
As I write this motos are burning in the new DH route, so while there will be very few features on it, it will be ridable on New Years Day! The DS course as well as the old DH course, could use some sprucing up. So the SGDC will be open tomorrow, Sunday for trail work. Show up at 8 or 8:30, work on the gravity features, then ride until 4 PM, for free. Bring your own tools.

Hope to see a bunch of you gravity riders! :clapping:

Remember there is nothing like not having to slow down for anything but yourself ... that is what the SGDC is all about, conflict free riding, the way it should be!

MH