Quantcast

Makulu/Revolt/951????

steveDH

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Hey guys! I need a new rig for next race season. I´ve been on a M3 and a turner dhr last years. I want something quick and nimble but also stable at high speed. What would you recommend from these 3 and what fork? boxxer team, bos, fox?...so many questions....;-)
it´s a pitty that i don´t have the chance to try them out..

Thanks!!

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
get a Sunday.

or try the search function
*trumbullhucker likes this:thumb:

thats a pretty broad bro, def use the search button.
did you like your M3? a 951 is a waayy tweaked version of an M3 ( im assuming right? VPP? )

you could prob get a killer deal on a sunday, and save the dough for a boxxer WC, and some pizza

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
been on the Legend MK1 for the past year... to me its not an issue... MK2 is the way to go.... but if u limit urself to the 3 u listed... I am not too impressed with the makulu. i think the 951's issues has been resolved although I HAVE NEVER RIDDEN THEM.... and the revolt... although a little heavy.... u cant go wrong...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
been on the Legend MK1 for the past year... to me its not an issue... MK2 is the way to go.... but if u limit urself to the 3 u listed... I am not too impressed with the makulu. i think the 951's issues has been resolved although I HAVE NEVER RIDDEN THEM.... and the revolt... although a little heavy.... u cant go wrong...
Second the MK2 idea. I've already have on preorder and can't wait til january when they will finally be there. Are you going for the new one?

As for the makulu with what shock you've tried? For me the bike kinda looses the point if it can't be run with the crazy sag that is only possible (and recomended) with bos. It was designed for 40-50% sag.

THe summum is also a good option though I'm not sure what I'd want more it or the revolt. Both seem fairly similar bikes though the summum is lighter if that is your thing. 951 is meh for me.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Get the one that has sticky threads in this forum.

Sunday, Revolt, or the new Turner...

Squam_DH

Chimp
Feb 24, 2009
As for the makulu with what shock you've tried? For me the bike kinda looses the point if it can't be run with the crazy sag that is only possible (and recomended) with bos. It was designed for 40-50% sag.
No. Ride one with an Elka and be blown away.

For me, I would either go with the makulu or the revolt. 2 great companies that will stand behind their product. I have had some time on a Makulu with an Elka shock, and the bike was amazing. The track I was on was straight fall line off a logging road, and was super steep with ruts and holes. The makulu holds a line through the worst of it, has amazing traction with the Elka,and RAILS corners. Also, for me personally, I don't like VPP bikes, though I have not tried the VPP 2. Keep in mind that the evil has a much better price point, as the makulu is very expensive.

Also, I am biased, my 2010 Makulu will be here in February:thumb:

As for forks, ridden a 40 and Boxxer, Boxxer is slighly better IMO. I was able to tune it with more ease over the 40. Both great forks.The Boxxer team has a good price point too. No clue about the BOS.

Last edited:

ivanfiestas

Chimp
Oct 23, 2009
No. Ride one with an Elka and be blown away.

For me, I would either go with the makulu or the revolt. 2 great companies that will stand behind their product. I have had some time on a Makulu with an Elka shock, and the bike was amazing. The track I was on was straight fall line off a logging road, and was super steep with ruts and holes. The makulu holds a line through the worst of it, has amazing traction with the Elka,and RAILS corners. Also, for me personally, I don't like VPP bikes, though I have not tried the VPP 2. Keep in mind that the evil has a much better price point, as the makulu is very expensive.

Also, I am biased, my 2010 Makulu will be here in February:thumb:

As for forks, ridden a 40 and Boxxer, Boxxer is slighly better IMO because it is more tuneable with the high/low rebound and whatnot. Both great forks.The Boxxer team has a good price point too. No clue about the BOS.

Do you mean Fox 40 has no high/low rebound adjustment? lol

Squam_DH

Chimp
Feb 24, 2009
Do you mean Fox 40 has no high/low rebound adjustment? lol
Oopsy daisy, sorry long night might have still been drunk when i posted that, not too sure what I was trying to say there haha. But I could never get the Fox to my liking with the Ti spring that comes stock. I like that rockshox gives you other springs when you buy the fork so you can swap them at your discretion.

chuckie

Monkey
Jul 2, 2007
Ride a Makulu with BOS susp if you can...simply amazing!! check the Dirt mag review...Jonesy loved it

all those bikes sound awesome tho

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
I don't understand why people ask questions this stupid...

It's YOUR bike and YOUR money so YOU make the decision.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Has there ever been a person who has spent over 3000 on a frame and said they hated the frame and they were retarded for buying it.:rolleyes:
Prolly not but if someone goes from going bananas for it and suddenly speaks it has "some flaws" it probably means he's rather unhappy with it ;) Well I'm quite sure I do the same about mine even though I have much love for my bike(mostly because it's pretty and mine ;) ) I know it has some sub par traits that are really annoying.