Quantcast

***Malaise Monday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Set up a temporary office in our spare room while working from home. It's almost too quiet in here. Also put a new roof bike rack on my car yesterday.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
maybe people should treat this stay at home order like there is nuclear fallout in the fucking air...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much going on today, nor has work requested that I do much today. So I shall happily abide by that.

So perhaps I'll learn how to do more solid modeling and draw up a fold flat fire pit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working today. Also working tomorrow but then that’s it for the week.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Hey, did you watch Chernobyl? That mini-series will FOREVER be in my head it was so good.
I watched it to cheer me up by revisiting something even worse than the current situation. That worked until I got to the hospital scenes. But I agree, great mini series.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I watched it to cheer me up by revisiting something even worse than the current situation. That worked until I got to the hospital scenes. But I agree, great mini series.
You see Criag is doing a new one based on the video game "The Last of Us"? I'm not super familiar with the game but I could see him doing an awesome job of a post apocalyptic world.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
LOL, this is a great meme.
Hey, did you watch Chernobyl? That mini-series will FOREVER be in my head it was so good.
I watched it twice. The first time was horrifying...I could only do one episode at a time. The second time was a lot easier to watch and some of the science stuff made more sense having it explained twice.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm considering giving sourdough a try. Anyone have any tips/good resources? At this point, I think I'm looking at less than $50 in supplies to get started... (Banneton baskets, bench scraper, and a jar for the starter). I have pretty much everything else (I think).

Rainy and crap here today.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
You see Criag is doing a new one based on the video game "The Last of Us"? I'm not super familiar with the game but I could see him doing an awesome job of a post apocalyptic world.
Sounds great, if he shoots it within the next year he could save a bunch of money by just shooting on location and doing minimal set dressing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I watched it twice. The first time was horrifying...I could only do one episode at a time. The second time was a lot easier to watch and some of the science stuff made more sense having it explained twice.
Dang, I don't know if I could watch it a second time. I had to watch it in the evenings because my wife wanted no parts of it, and I'm not gonna lie falling asleep was struggle on a few nights.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
My work from home backlog is no longer a backlog. It also appears that I have been the only one working from home out of my 5 office colleagues and 5 field techs...WTF people.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my dad spent his career working in nuclear so i have fairly decent baseline understanding, so i thought it was fascinating. my dad doesn't have HBO but i should probably lend him my login so he can watch it. he was always fascinated by chernobyl.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
my dad spent his career working in nuclear so i have fairly decent baseline understanding, so i thought it was fascinating. my dad doesn't have HBO but i should probably lend him my login so he can watch it. he was always fascinated by chernobyl.
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
And just added a few records to my vinyl collection, which is still in its infancy. Might as well have background noise in my seclusion. Master of Puppets and...And Justice For All.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Watching OG Jurassic Park. Might go for an old people walk later if rain stops.

Should be "working" but meh, every deadlines are now prolonged so ima gonna stretch it.