Quantcast

Male Bonding with My son

splat

Nam I am
what better way to bond with ones son , then a Hammer and nails and Power tools .

Last week BadDnA got me a Bunch of scrap "ends" from a local construction site, last night I made a stop by Lowes and picked up a couple of 2X6's and 2X4's

as soon as I got home tongiht he wanted to build , so to work we went!

Here is what we started with . That is only about half of the scrap ends .

Power saw !!

The finished product for tonight

and My son had to test them out.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Heh, that's good. I always like to see my boys doing man-stuff with their dad.

A few years ago, my oldest, then about 16, and my hubby were out running some whitewater ( Yaak river, MT) and the kid got to have his first try at some class 5. The story, as I got to hear it later, is that he flipped the boat, and then as the two of them are bashing through the rest of the rapid, on top of the upside down raft, he says to dad: Hey Dad! how's this for bonding!!! Sometimes I think I'd rather not hear these tales.

gg

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Nice send some of that wood down this way. I would like to build some structures for my lawn.

Does that front fork look a little bent to anyone else?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Sweet,

I gotta love when parents take the time to build stuff with their kids! (thats the wood shop teacher speaking) :thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Good on ya Splat, doesn't take much to keep ya kids on the straight and narrow. Paying attention and doing stuff together is a good place to start. It's fun too.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
That's awesome!

My dad built my brother and I a 2" laung ramp for rollerblading/skaterboarding when I was like 14 or 15... come to think of it, that was quite a long time ago.

Anyway... it was good times. We spent an entire day building it and flexing the wood so it hard a nice curve. We later sold it for $15. I think we spent like $50 in materials alone.

Haha... I love my dad.