Quantcast

Mallets and Six Six One Launch

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I have that setup. Works great. I used the included spacers. Only problem is the cleats tends to twist outwards making me move my foot more to get out.
:thumb:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea, i used one spacer so that the sole of the shoe doesn't really have alot of friction with the pedal platform. but then again i never got the balls to actually use them for mtb, xc or dh.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
The only thing I will say about the Mallets is, they have a lot of float--too much for me. However, I always ran my Shimanos really tight, so I had a hard time adjusting to the Mallets.

This is just a personal preference, though. They obviously work for a lot of people...

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I have the same setup... I had to grind the sole a tiny bit, but they work fine now. You shouldn't have any problem running the combo... if you have to work to get them to fit, it'll be very minimal.

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
I am using Mallets with 661 Launch for more than one eayer. Very good, but don't forget to use one of the included spacers.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I think it depends on the shoe. Im a one spacer left foot, zero right foot. If i get that backwards when installing one foot floats way too much, the other wont clip in. I didnt have to fuss much. My only gripe was where i liked the cleat on the shoe, the toe bent up exposing the nub on the cleat to the pavement so it wore really fast. Otherwise combo works fine as you can see.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
kinda off topic but, has anyone feel that one pedal is easier to unclip from then the other? and no its not my legs, i tried the same pedal with different legs.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
using the exact setup and it works great...sucks with no spacer and not clearing out some space around the cleat on the sole. So, use the spacers and clean out a circle in the sole around the cleat....makes it way easier to get into.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
dhkid said:
kinda off topic but, has anyone feel that one pedal is easier to unclip from then the other? and no its not my legs, i tried the same pedal with different legs.

Happened to me when the cleats would twist.