Quantcast

Malware on popups?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Does anyone have any recommendations for a free anti-malware or anti-virus program such as Emisoft's anti-malware or Malwarebytes, for the Mac OS? My laptop is behaving similarly to my work computer before I cleaned it (post RM hack). I haven't run a scan on my laptop since I bought it. Granted, Emisoft's suite was impressive enough that I ended up buying the full version; but it would be nice to have a couple weeks to play with a software package before dropping any money.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
I just started getting it again this morning BV. I wasn't on much over the weekend though.

Edit: Not every page is throwing it at me. I'll try and keep tabs on where I see it.
I get this on all pages but the "Gear" tab, only the Object line says "Object: infersm.co.cc/wk34oezxwzj1gw9/".

Running Chrome browser and avast!

Seems to be the banner under the google-ads, to the right of "Welcome, Bedlam, last visit.... etc" on the top of the page.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I get this on all pages but the "Gear" tab, only the Object line says "Object: infersm.co.cc/wk34oezxwzj1gw9/".

Running Chrome browser and avast!

Seems to be the banner under the google-ads, to the right of "Welcome, Bedlam, last visit.... etc" on the top of the page.
Hey -

We've investigated this and can't seem to locate any issues on the server side. Not dismissing it, of course - given the problems we've had lately - but nothing is coming up making calls to that domain.

Can you run a full system scan with www.malwarebytes.com Anti-Malware?

Is anyone else seeing this?

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
Not having any problems with it today, thought you guys had sorted it :X
Still, isn't there usually a banner around here? Or is my memory and attention just really messed up?

Edit: Quick scan with malwarebytes revealed nothing infected, no time to perform a full system scan today, will try to get it done tomorrow or saturday. With any luck, nothing has happened and avast! just went batsh*t over something..

Last edited: