Quantcast

Mammoth allows Ebikes this season

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good lord.

Mammoth will add a fleet of Trek Powerfly 5FS bikes to their rental bike fleet and guests can also bring their own Category 1 e-bike to ride. E-bike specific lessons will be available

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Are there lift assisted trails that require pedaling?
I remember one at Keystone but maybe that was a beginner green type trail
for the lawyers of the e-bikers who get run over for stopping in the middle of the trail?
or the lawyers of the ebike rider who gets a spinal hitting a bridge or drop htey had no business being on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WGAF? It's a bike park. They are trying to make shitloads of $$. And guess what - packs of Segtards riding e-bikes is going to make them a LOT more money than "SERIOUS" mt. bikers.
I get the money thing. Maybe it is different here, but there are A LOT of 'tards that visit our local DH hill. I've personally found families sitting in the rock garden filters on black rated DH trails, without a care in the world.

oh great. they're trying to attract non-bikers to ride lift assist downhill? i see that ending well.
I hope its not for downhill, because those bikes look like XC bikes.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I get the money thing. Maybe it is different here, but there are A LOT of 'tards that visit our local DH hill. I've personally found families sitting in the rock garden filters on black rated DH trails, without a care in the world.

I hope its not for downhill, because those bikes look like XC bikes.
Mountain Creek used to be terrible for random families catching the scenic lift ride to the top of the mountain and then thinking they could walk down the bike trails...