Quantcast

Mammoth closed just in time

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I hit up both norcal dh resorts that were closing this weekend. mammoth timed their closing perfectly. I got a call from my friend down there this morning saying that all the mountains are covered in white.

It's pouring rain in tahoe right now. Winter is just around the corner and I'm not ready for it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah we really were blessed with some fine weather, last weekend in Tahoe was absolutely perfect for riding. I am still riding a happy stoke from the two days of riding I did at Northstar.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
OGRipper said:
Yeah we really were blessed with some fine weather, last weekend in Tahoe was absolutely perfect for riding. I am still riding a happy stoke from the two days of riding I did at Northstar.

The one day for me was enough to leave a grin on my face

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
dfinn said:
It's pouring rain in tahoe right now. Winter is just around the corner and I'm not ready for it.
i know. i've been praying for rain all summer. n* closes and then we get poured on. oh well. at least all the in town trails will be nice. weather doesn't look like snow yet, but who knows.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dfinn said:
I hit up both norcal dh resorts that were closing this weekend. mammoth timed their closing perfectly. I got a call from my friend down there this morning saying that all the mountains are covered in white.

It was really cold in Mammoth at Nationals, but I can't believe they already have some snow on the mountain. It was really a short mountain bike season for Mammoth this season. There was actually quite a bit of snow on the top of the mountain from last winter...