Quantcast

Mammoth courses

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
Does anybody have any pics or information on Follow Me, the Beginner sport course for Mammoth. I've never even heard of the run before. According to Mammoth its suposed to be really fun and obviously covered in pumice but other than that i have no idea.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
kidwoo said:
Last year was velocity. This year is bullet.
Last year's expert/pro course was Chain Smoke. As for Bullet, I was there three weeks ago, and the top of the run was still covered with snow. Bullet is a pretty good run, though. It's pretty rocky, tech chutes, and some more rocks...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Last year was Upper Velocity to ChainSmoke for the pro/experts and Lower Velocity for the sportbeg. Bullet was the first technical course they built to replace the Kamakazi back in the day. Think it was used from like 1996 or 7 till 2000 when they broke out velocity. It's got a bit of everyting on it...fast twisty...drops....good race coarse i think. Bit lower on the mountain and shorter than Velocity. It's all free of snow now...pretty much the whole mountain is.

BillT

Monkey
I was out there last week and they were preparing Bullet for the races. The top of the course is steeper than the bottom and contains more the tech rocks, roots, chutes, etc. On the lower part, they were getting ready to put in a huge MX style jump that goes over Paper Route (I believe that is the correct trail) that they had the last time they ran a NORBA race on Bullet. The whole course is now free of snow.