Quantcast

Mammoth doesn't suck

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
I've been all stoked on N* this season, but finally got down to Mammoth for a day last week. And ya know what? It doesn't suck! :) Looks like they've stepped it up a bit with their bike park this year as well. The finally opened a couple of the 3 new trails they advertised all last year but never opened. One of them, Techno Rock, has some good sized rock drops, and is a fun run. Didn't have time to hit all the runs, so there might be some developments on some of the old trails as well.

Couple not-so-good pics of the Techno Rock drops shot from inside the gondola. The second one is not clear from the pic, but it's actually quite big, bigger than any of the ones I've seen at N*. On the first one, when I was checking it out for the first time I watched 3 kids go off it, then I rolled up to the lip to see the 3rd kid sprawled across the landing. Not exactly confidence inspiring! :)

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Richter is short, boring (for anyone w/decent skills), and you have to pedal to get to it. But don't take my word for it. :) Didn't hit DC-10 that day but from what I remember from last year it was pretty fun, similar level to the other 3.

rockbike

Monkey
Nov 9, 2004
south lake tahoe
Richter is short, boring (for anyone w/decent skills), and you have to pedal to get to it. But don't take my word for it. :) Didn't hit DC-10 that day but from what I remember from last year it was pretty fun, similar level to the other 3.
DC-10 is a blown-out with kitty poo-poo up to your knees.

bwolmarans

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
The Angels, Kalifornia
I liked techno rock a lot. I think it's a well made trail except for the rock garden after that first pic which could turn into a blind landing on a log if you don't look first. But nobody here would fly off an obstacle without looking at the landing first. I think techno rock actually starts at the top of the stump chair.