Quantcast

Mammoth for labor day

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
my dad said hes never stayed at sherwin creek, becuase its out of the way, but u do get to mob a nice dirt road!, he says shady rest would be better since it is closer, and its $12 a night :)

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
You know, I think ShadyRest is more like $16 - 18 range, like the campgrounds up at the lakes region. Don'r remeber it being cheaper like the $12 at Sherwin. Sherwin is probably cheaper cause they got pit $hithouses, not flush. Plus everything would get really dusty out at Sherwin.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
If you guys see someone riding a white AC1 who is:

A: Completely out of control

B: On a trail that he is clearly not ready for

C: Stuck in the side of a tree/hill

Stop by and say hi...I'll be there Sept. 2-5

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
So what's the final list of everyone going up this weekend? I heard the No brakes and Downfast crew was headed up. I'm headed up Friday

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I'm headed up Friday
Me & JEB4 & Mrs. JEB4 are leaving Friday afternoon, coming back Tuesday morning.

Gonna be riding an older Foes Fly (white) with either a black or gold Foes F1 fork. If you find my carcass wrapped around a tree alongside the Shock Treatment ramps say hello.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
If you guys see someone riding a white AC1 who is:

A: Completely out of control

B: On a trail that he is clearly not ready for

C: Stuck in the side of a tree/hill

Stop by and say hi...I'll be there Sept. 2-5

:monkeydance: LOL All def. say what's up. Watch out for sriracha tho. (Silver V-10) He's been known to run people over. Or yell passing on your right and then he goes on the Left. He's kind of a :monkey:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'll be bombing around on the black M1/888. TLD kit So-Cal brah!
I'll be riding w/a crazy guy on a V10, he'll be hucking to flat.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So I'm back from the oversized catbox that is Mammoth.
How was it for everyone?
I had fun, but riding in kitty litter makes me really appreciate hardpacked clay ;) But a chairlift is a chairlift!
I rode Lower rock creek on the way out of town, pretty fun and very scenic trail.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Jeb4 and I rode Flow and Shotgun quite a few times on Sunday, I rode Bullet most of the time on Monday.

It was awesome, being able to pack so much DH into such a short time does wonders for learning new skills.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Sunday was a good time....wish I would have had a chance to ride "Follow Me" (sounds like fun). I felt that my riding was finally starting to progress a little....

The wife didn't have quite as good of a time - a trip to the ER and a couple broken bones :rant: She's still pretty pissed about it and I can't blame her....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Any pics... I tend to not take any when I'm up there. I've been there twice now with only 3 pics total...

Sucks to hear about Mrs. Jeb4 - I know how the collarbone thing can be... I wish her the best and a speedy recovery!

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I didn't bring a camera, but I'm only an intermediate rider and wouldn't have made for any cool photos anyway. My only brief moment of glory was accidentally straightlining down the middle of the triple-drop on Bullet without wrecking. Meant to stay way left where the drops are smallest but bounced off that line and ended up exactly where I didn't want to be...grabbed the back tire with my butt cheeks and just held on.

Did Mrs. Jeb4 get the cast off yet?

Washed my armor for the first time today, mmmmmmmm-smells-good.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
We went up to Mammoth this weekend. Pretty sweet trip, lots of pumice and brake bumps. My SLR is broken so I got a few photos and vid. w/ my other camera:
Hank, skinsuit and all killing the turn:

Alf trying to look good of this little jump:

Alf killing the same corner as above:
Hank flying off of the jump from above, just listen to that skinsuit!

Alf, Nate dawg and Adrian:

Travis being pumped to be stoked, Brad, and Hank (well sorta)

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Slugman said:
Sucks to hear about Mrs. Jeb4 - I know how the collarbone thing can be... I wish her the best and a speedy recovery!
1000-Oaks said:
Did Mrs. Jeb4 get the cast off yet?
Thanks guys! She doesn't have the cast off yet...hopefully it will come off in the morning with a splint or soft cast for a replacement. With a fractured left wrist and a broken right collar bone, things are pretty difficult for her right now (mostly because she is pissed that she can't do everything herself). She doesn't seem to be in much pain however (thank goodness).....she's stubborn though :biggrin:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Any pics... I tend to not take any when I'm up there. I've been there twice now with only 3 pics total...

I took a few on Sunday when i went out on the little bike just tooling all over the mountain, just scenery shots but kinda cool if you've never stopped to really look around when riding up there.

Off the Top

7-Bridges

Brake Through

Brake Through where it meet Bullet

Me being a Cheese Early Sat morning before the first run....