Quantcast

Mammoth this weekend

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
Is it worth it...

Yeah so a few of my buddy's and I have decided to drive up there this weekend, the only problem is we are on a low budget. We are thinking about camping, but we rather stay at a hotel/motel. So maybe someone here can point me in the right direction for a cheap place to stay for 3-4 people.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
When I went the last time I think I stayed at the econo lodge, dont remember the price though.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Check with either Mammoth Mtn Inn or somewhere in the Village. The stay and bike packages are cheap; you should be able to do 4 people for $100 each w/ tickets for Sat/Sun. The lift tickets alone are $37 if you have to buy them.

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
You'll only save a little $$ camping. It's $18/night at the local campgrounds Shady Rest (old/New) Twin Lakes, Lake Mary, etc. Then you'll still have the $37/day lift pass (though I think they might have a 2 day pass that will save you $5 or so). Basically, if you can come up with an extra $20-30/per person, you can stay at the Inn, take showers, hang out at the lifts etc. Though I must say, we had a good time camping a couple weeks ago.

Chris