Quantcast

Mammoth: Velocity

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I didn't make the video so I can't say for sure if any of it is sped up. It looks like real time to me.

Amazing thing is that is trail is at 9500' above sea level. That kid is in awesome shape to be pedaling like that!

Best part is that kid is running a Glory with Deemaxs and DH32s front and back. The bike is am absolute tank! At least 45+ lbs. No need for a light bike.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That trails is so much fun. On the one day I was there this summer, I rode it listening to slayer for my last run. I was hauling ass (I think).

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Killer video but definitely sped up in some parts.

In my opinion.

Last edited:

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Personally I don't think any of it was sped up. You'll notice it was mostly shot low angle and even on straightaways it wasn't pointed straight down them, rather diagonal to let him ride across frame instead of down it.
I'm usually the first person to sound off about speeding up footage (search for my posts on Clay Porter's non-Yeti videos) but I think this one is the real deal.

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
this footage looks totally legit.. they don't call it Velocity for nothing, you can haul serious ass on that trail
very nice Scott... thanks for posting

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Great video, nice riding. Is it just me or does everyone else think they gotta make that table at the end bigger. I found myself overshooting the crap out of it everytime unless i grabbed my brakes after the stepdown.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Great video, nice riding. Is it just me or does everyone else think they gotta make that table at the end bigger. I found myself overshooting the crap out of it everytime unless i grabbed my brakes after the stepdown.
agreed.. first table isn't bad, but could be a tad longer, second one is very short

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
I didn't make the video so I can't say for sure if any of it is sped up. It looks like real time to me.

Amazing thing is that is trail is at 9500' above sea level. That kid is in awesome shape to be pedaling like that!

Best part is that kid is running a Glory with Deemaxs and DH32s front and back. The bike is am absolute tank! At least 45+ lbs. No need for a light bike.
Well that must be a school computer thing. :bonk: It looks fine now at home.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Amazing thing is that is trail is at 9500' above sea level. That kid is in awesome shape
Well, unless they had 30+ cameras, it was more than one shot. Allowing him to be riding every section at full speed. Maybe he can do that anyways, but it's def not sped up. Look at the gondola, the plants, and the way he comes off the drops. Def real time.

hofferfish

Chimp
Sep 4, 2006
Ya its definitely not sped up.. I met that guy when I was up in mammoth last summer and he is really fast. He's an instructor up there I think. He was at the race the day they rode Shotgun and got 1st or 2nd.

Nov 18, 2008
The riding is at real time. The rider is Brian Enciso, he is a local Mammoth rider and he is plenty fast enough not to need to try and trick anyone with camera magic. Thanks for the compliments on the riding, he'll be stoked. And I appreciate the feedback on the footage. More even better stuff coming next season, keep riding till then.

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
sometimes just compressing the vids into a final file makes them appear sped up. friend of mine always had a problem with that. i have to admit sometihng looks a little funky to me in some of those shots, but i dont blame the editor, usually just computer issues.

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth
Nice work on the video. It really shows the speed of velocity. I was out riding the park the days when this was being shot, so its cool to see the end result.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Great video guys.

I'm loving how more and more folk are making & posting top quality vids for us.

Keep it up!

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
Sweet video, looks like a LOT of work getting all of those shots, must have been fun pushing up sections all day. You missed the best part of the trail though, where's the footage of upper velocity. Good work.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Just to second, third, fourth and eighteenth what everyone else has already said; really enjoyed that, thought it was really well filmed and put together, keep it up!