Quantcast

Mammoth??

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
thats what i mean, 4x, I call it slalom for some reason, sorry, only 4x no ds. It was a great race. I cant wait for DH tomorrow it a sweet course. Cody Warren ate mad sh.t on 4x and I got some great photos of it.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
1) What happened to the size of the Pro XC fields (I know...it's boring as hell but jeez, there used to be close to 100 starters).
2) What happened to female amateur DH?
3) Ned Overend getting 5th in Pro XC at 50????!!!!!!!!!!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
JeffD said:
1) What happened to the size of the Pro XC fields (I know...it's boring as hell but jeez, there used to be close to 100 starters).

What happened to Pro Womens 4x?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
AlmostHeaven said:
speaking of which, how about some PICTURES?!
Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures of the 4X. I'm sure someone will post up some pictures of the 4X race, there was a decent amount of people there.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
JeffD said:
When I grow up I want to be Ned Overend.

11th for Sanjay! Nice!

Looking forward to pix.

V-Dub

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
YEAH VAN DINE!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF 8.4 seconds behind cody and everone else in the top 5 is like 1 second apart?? is this true?
Nice one Cody!

Tomac rode the super D too-13th sweet

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
V-Dub said:
YEAH VAN DINE!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF 8.4 seconds behind cody and everone else in the top 5 is like 1 second apart?? is this true?
Nice one Cody!

Tomac rode the super D too-13th sweet
I gotta say, the section I watched right before going under the bridge after the wood jump........Cody was by far the smoothest and most efficient coming through. Pure grace.

Congrats on your DH run. Top 10 not bad for a dirtjump jibber guy. :)

Nice bike too:blah:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
kidwoo said:
I saw that.

You very rarely get to see a human bounce but did you catch chris powell getting deflected off of brian schmith in that 3rd turn? So much for the shutdown. That was a good race.
Not only did I see it, but I was in the middle of it. As soon a Powell started to slide out, he kicked dirt and rocks over the turn where we were standing--I was picking rocks and dirt out of my hair and ears for hours!

It was a great race, and EC looked so smooth! Did you see Tara Llanes' crash? All I can say is ouch! It was so bad, Kathy Pruit stopped and checked on her and helped her get untangled from her bike. Not to mention she put a hole in the berm. Considering that Tara is not exactly heavy, you know she hit the ground hard.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
blt2ride said:
Did you see Tara Llanes' crash? All I can say is ouch! It so bad, Kathy Pruit stopped and checked on her and helped her get untangled from her bike. Not to mention she put a hole in the berm. Considering that Tara is not exactly heavy, you know she hit the ground hard.
I hate when I hit my balls on the top tube too.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
stiksandstones said:
I hate when I hit my balls on the top tube too.
Haha! In the words of Larry the Cable Guy, That's funny, I don't care who you are. Without a doubt that's the best response I have seen in a while! Good come back! :thumb:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
some photos up now and little video clips coming shortly

www.declinemagazine.com
(i know, i hate being the f'ing salesman, but want you guys to see how rad it was...sick ass track in dh)

how 'bout props to freaking V-DUB!!! man, you gotta get out and shred it in public more often! good job von!