Quantcast

man... and to think I blew off splat's posts all those times

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Splat, all those times I just shrugged off your lunchtime ride posts... *shakes head* ... you were dead on. I've ridden on my lunch the last 3 days and it's great. A lunch hour is a very valuable, often overlooked chance to ride.

At this point, I'm still exploring different loops, trying to get a feel for how long different routes take so I can make the most of my hour. This week I've averaged just a hair under 12 miles in roughly 48 minutes.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I have been riding at lunch for the past 5 years or so. Mountain and Road. I think the best part is the stress relief.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I take rides during the week, sometimes at lunch somes earlier sometimes later , but then again I am in sales and my schedule really does flex, so I have to ride when I can, I am out the door right now to hit a quick 30 miles before a 5pm apt.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MunkeeHucker said:
I take rides during the week, sometimes at lunch somes earlier sometimes later , but then again I am in sales and my schedule really does flex, so I have to ride when I can, I am out the door right now to hit a quick 30 miles before a 5pm apt.
Do you sell Kirby's?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I decided to get off my ass today and try this.

I ate half my sandwich, rode for 35 minutes, now I just need to finish the sandwich. I have no idea how far I rode. I just know that it was sunny and warm and I got to spend 35 minutes outside riding my bike instead of staring at my computer monitor. Ahhh that's the life!

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I :love: lunch rides. I have a 17 mile roady loop around a state park lake that takes me just under an hour to do. :)