Quantcast

Man....fat boy strikes again!!!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Growl - My boss brought in our monthly distribution of office treatses Yesterday

A bowlful of various chocolates, some apples, bananas, bags of chips, and trail mix.

This morning I go out to make the coffee and I notice, the bowl she filled to brimming yesterday is now EMPTY!!!!!!!

:mumble:

I even went out of my way to specify to the fat boy who was gobbling down the chocolate and cheering that there was candies available again that that's all we get for a Month! And he was like, ya, uh huh...okay makes sense. And then he started bishing about the fact we filled a separate bowl with oranges, apples, bananas :angry:

Do some big people like seriously not have a concept that they need to "share" the food? I mean jeez...there's a Sev across the street, go buy your own damned twinkies instead of eating what's meant for the office of 12 for a month in a single damned day!!!!

Grrrr

Of course, I'm also kind of upset at him right now anyways for actual office/work related stuff, but sigh...I'm the one getting stuck having to call him in my office and have little chats about "professionalism" "proper dress" "sharing food" "courteous manners to customers"

sigh...and what sucks more about the dood is his review is this week, and he's asked for more money/higher pay, and he's done jack to earn it. I'm not cut out for this managerial stuff...I'm really not... :eviltongu

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Your fatboy would have been in his glory here at the big red X today. Some bigwig manager retired and there are literally HUNDREDS of donuts, muffins, pastries, etc sitting out in the atrium, and that's what's left after everyone took what they wanted.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
sigh...and what sucks more about the dood is his review is this week, and he's asked for more money/higher pay, and he's done jack to earn it. I'm not cut out for this managerial stuff...I'm really not... :eviltongu
How long has he been there? and he's already asking for more money?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
DRB said:
My secretary brought me homemade cinammon buns this morning. Holy crap they were good. If fatboy had touched 'em I'd killed him. I almost slugged the mail kid for even looking at them.
My brother got me a bag of Ghiradelli chocolates for easter this year. That bag would normally last me about 3 months at my rate of chocolate consumption.

Fat boy came into my office and saw it there, and could not take his eyes off the bag at all.

Of course me, being the guilty one who hates the idea of hording food, walked around the office and handed out a piece of my least favorite to everyone in the office after that. :o:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
How long has he been there? and he's already asking for more money?
This is his 90 day evaluation. Technically in our company no one is an "official" employee until this review is complete.

Apparently when he was hired (and mind you, I'm not his supervisor in the sense I make salary decisions for him, but I affect the outcome based on my review of him), he was disappointed in the salary range for this entry level position and asked for more. Rick -the boss- said, "IF" 90 days prove you to be successful and competent, then we'll see if we can't bump you up some.

The nice thing about 3 months is it's far enough into employment that a person's true work nature begins to show itself. It's hard to be on your best, impressive, behavior for a solid 90 days straight. lol.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Echo said:
Your fatboy would have been in his glory here at the big red X today. Some bigwig manager retired and there are literally HUNDREDS of donuts, muffins, pastries, etc sitting out in the atrium, and that's what's left after everyone took what they wanted.
Oh god, let's not go over the wishlist for food that's started to appear on the office fridge:

"Cookies!"
"Donuts"
Pleeeeeaaaase!

okay okay, I'll settle for just more chocolate!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Jr_Bullit said:
This is his 90 day evaluation. Technically in our company no one is an "official" employee until this review is complete.

Apparently when he was hired (and mind you, I'm not his supervisor in the sense I make salary decisions for him, but I affect the outcome based on my review of him), he was disappointed in the salary range for this entry level position and asked for more. Rick -the boss- said, "IF" 90 days prove you to be successful and competent, then we'll see if we can't bump you up some.

The nice thing about 3 months is it's far enough into employment that a person's true work nature begins to show itself. It's hard to be on your best, impressive, behavior for a solid 90 days straight. lol.

Well then this is where you go...

"Fat-boy" overall you are meeting your job requirements, however there are a number of areas of opportunity for you to improve upon. insert...

Jr_Bullit said:
I'm the one getting stuck having to call him in my office and have little chats about "professionalism" "proper dress" "sharing food" "courteous manners to customers"

Let me translate... you are tolerable but your fata$$ isnt getting any more money and you better start shaping up or come to the realization that you will never be anything other then a pencil pushing subordinate. And stop eyeing me and my candy! :eviltongu

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
dh girlie said:
This is your opportunity to rid the office of this pig...sounds like he's a less than ideal employee...

That's always an option as well, just remember the next person could be worse.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Well then this is where you go...

Let me translate... you are tolerable but your fata$$ isnt getting any more money and you better start shaping up or come to the realization that you will never be anything other then a pencil pushing subordinate. And stop eyeing me and my candy! :eviltongu
LOL! You don't have to give him any money for his 90 day review, do you? If he hasn't proven him self to be worthy of a raise then just give him a some candy, and send him on his way.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jr_Bullit said:
My brother got me a bag of Ghiradelli chocolates for easter this year. That bag would normally last me about 3 months at my rate of chocolate consumption.

Fat boy came into my office and saw it there, and could not take his eyes off the bag at all.

Of course me, being the guilty one who hates the idea of hording food, walked around the office and handed out a piece of my least favorite to everyone in the office after that. :o:
My secretary is the ONLY person that I share anything with EVER at work and I am less than subtle about it. It makes things simple.

Guilty? What's that?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
That's always an option as well, just remember the next person could be worse.
True, but why settle? You don't have to fire him, but you don't have to give him a raise either. If she has valid points the he needs to work on then review him again after 30 days.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Snacks said:
True, but why settle? You don't have to fire him, but you don't have to give him a raise either. If she has valid points the he needs to work on then review him again after 30 days.
She hasn't said his work sucks or anything. I rather deal with an employee that has a these issues as apposed to the most popular person in the office who keeps messing up the actual work.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Jr_Bullit said:
Trying not to notice..... :rolleyes:
He fantasizes every night about you storming into his cube, slapping his monitor off his desk and sitting in its place in a tiny little skirt suit...COMMANDO!!! He equates you TO the chocolate and wants to make you his personal little on-site eclair! :blah:

Hahahahahahahaha! Ready for lunch? :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
dh girlie said:
This is your opportunity to rid the office of this pig...sounds like he's a less than ideal employee...
True true, but Snacks has a point as well...he was hired because of Prior experience. Unfortunately, what I'm learning, is his prior experience is with one of those companies whose customer service you dread talking to.

For example...I'm currently composing an email to him about "why" you don't start a professional email response with

Ms. Jane Smith,

and then go from there with assumptions made that the customer didn't give any indication they will understand.

sigh...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
She hasn't said his work sucks or anything. I rather deal with an employee that has a these issues as apposed to the most popular person in the office who keeps messing up the actual work.
This is a start......

Jr_Bullit said:
Of course, I'm also kind of upset at him right now anyways for actual office/work related stuff, but sigh...I'm the one getting stuck having to call him in my office and have little chats about "professionalism" "proper dress" "sharing food" "courteous manners to customers"
I would not give someone a raise just because it's their 90 day review if I'm having to talk to them about the above issues.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Nevermind, I change my mind. Jr_B. Wear something really hot tomorrow, load up your office with tasty goodies and tell him he can't have his raise, you or the sugary goodies and tell him to pound sand.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Jr_Bullit said:
Grrrr

that sounds like my work when there is food or snacks available, but there are dozens of of Fat Boys & they arent all necessarily fat....just greedy morons.

I would let him have it in your next little meeting. don't hold back & munch on a big ol' hunk of chocolate while your chastise him. :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Nevermind, I change my mind. Jr_B. Wear something really hot tomorrow, load up your office with tasty goodies and tell him he can't have his raise, you or the sugary goodies and tell him to pound sand.

Ah....you're no fun :p

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Jr_Bullit said:

a- fire is arse
b- if you do his review, does he deserve a raise?
c- why y'all keeping him around? good asset?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
give him a raise, then lock the candy drawer, a post a note saying "buy your own food, fatass sumbitch." and hoard all you want.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
slowSSer said:
a- fire is arse
b- if you do his review, does he deserve a raise?
c- why y'all keeping him around? good asset?
Because we haven't found anyone better yet :(.

I hate to say it but the ideal folks who are qualified for the job, know it, and want more and want out of that kind of role too fast.

We had the "ideal" guy hooked and hired - but then the head hunting organization that recommended him to us did a pee test the day he was due to start with us and found narcotics/Pot/etc. Rick, my boss, flipped his chit and said don't hire. :rolleyes:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
He probably grew up in a family of 12. And with him being the youngest he had to fight for his food and eat when he could.....resulting in the gobbler you see before you today. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Offer some laxative chocolates re-packaged in a See's candy box to fatboy. Tell him it's a bonus gift for 90 days on the job. He'll scarf them all.

:o: :help:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
RhinofromWA said:
He probably grew up in a family of 12. And with him being the youngest he had to fight for his food and eat when he could.....resulting in the gobbler you see before you today. :D
It very well could be that...he is from the mid-west after all (okay how many mid-west monkeys gonna get me now? hehehe)

What I find more interesting is the insatiable desire for things that are truly not good...
He won't touch the apples or bananas in the center of the office...and he turned his nose up when I walked past with my steaming plate of stirfried veggies and rice I whipped up last night...

I really do think that truly bad for you food becomes an addiction...

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
H8R said:
Offer some laxative chocolates re-packaged in a See's candy box to fatboy. Tell him it's a bonus gift for 90 days on the job. He'll scarf them all.

:o: :help:

Lol - y'know, to some extent that's just plain mean...as funny as it would be to do...

Seriously though, is is a weird/awkward position - if I say something to him about the food consumption rate, can I be accused of descrimination? Can the office if I have my boss say something to him?

I mean, the rate of the candy disappearance AFTER saying something specifically to him about "making it last a full month" was astounding...you'd think of someone went out of their way to try and make it clear the treats have to last, they'd maybe just try having a few and not 50-60 in a sitting?

Seriously - when I say a heaping bowl, I mean like, picture your kids halloween basket full of mini twix, hersheys mixed bag, rolos, those peanut butter chocolate things...
etc etc...

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Jr_Bullit said:
It very well could be that...he is from the mid-west after all (okay how many mid-west monkeys gonna get me now? hehehe)

That's what good horny Christians do in the bible belt. Make more babies they can barely afford. Hooray for Hypocracy!

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Jr_Bullit said:
Lol - y'know, to some extent that's just plain mean...as funny as it would be to do...

Seriously though, is is a weird/awkward position - if I say something to him about the food consumption rate, can I be accused of descrimination? Can the office if I have my boss say something to him?

I mean, the rate of the candy disappearance AFTER saying something specifically to him about "making it last a full month" was astounding...you'd think of someone went out of their way to try and make it clear the treats have to last, they'd maybe just try having a few and not 50-60 in a sitting?

Seriously - when I say a heaping bowl, I mean like, picture your kids halloween basket full of mini twix, hersheys mixed bag, rolos, those peanut butter chocolate things...
etc etc...
But seriously, you may have to tread lightly. He sounds like he might be selfish enough to try to slap you with some kind of discrimination suit. I think you're perfectly justified in not giving him his raise, though. I think "does not play with others" is a legitimate concern in a place of business.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Jr_Bullit said:
Seriously though, is is a weird/awkward position - if I say something to him about the food consumption rate, can I be accused of descrimination?
It sounds like there are plenty of other things you should be busting his balls about. It sounds like you plan on keeping him. From what you said I'd be giving him the 90 day boot out the door before it becomes harder down the road...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jr_Bullit said:

etc etc...
That's what all-in-house emails are for.

Say something like, "We really should all share in the food, I didn't get any of the chocolates, because some people took more than their share"

Post a few of those and let peer pressure weed his ass out.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Enginerd A2 said:
That's what good horny Christians do in the bible belt. Make more babies they can barely afford. Hooray for Hypocracy!
Your from Ann Arbor and think the Midwest is the bible belt? Have you been down south?