Quantcast

Man fired for drinking a Bud...

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
dh girlie said:
I take my coffee straight up...alone...not with any creams, sugars, mocha, beer...straight up black.
Beer gets its color from the malt (its natural color, at least). Darker beers use malt that is darker in color. Malt, like coffee beans, is roasted to achieve a combination of color and flavor. Darker roasted malts (examples include "chocolate" and "black patent") may remind you of the darker roasted flavor of some coffees. Hops add bitterness, which can further the coffee notes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fathead said:
Beer gets its color from the malt (its natural color, at least). Darker beers use malt that is darker in color. Malt, like coffee beans, is roasted to achieve a combination of color and flavor. Darker roasted malts (examples include "chocolate" and "black patent") may remind you of the darker roasted flavor of some coffees. Hops add bitterness, which can further the coffee notes.
You beer snob......... :p

-S.S.-

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
when it comes to domestic's nothing beats a Coor's SMOOTH, I mean coors light. I happen to work for a Miller/Coor's distributor, you have NO IDEA how competitive this industry is. I can't say that I blame Miller for getting rid of his sorry bud drinking ass! Buying the other companies beer was like him taking money out of his own pocket. If you can't support the beer that supports you, you might as well find a new job!

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
SkaredShtles said:
You know what I don't understand? *Italian* beer..... :confused: WTF? There was some for sale at my local liquor store!

-S.S.-
I think a lot of people don't understand Italian beer:

http://worldofbeer.com/brightbeer/italia.html

. . . including myself. All I can remember trying is Moretti (had an Italian prof who would serve it at parties, along w/several decent brews), and it was quite forgettable. It is a lager tho, so prolly good w/pasta and/or pizza.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
beer is good, beer is great.
we surrender our will,
as of this date.

american lager is all the same. cheap beer = cheap beer.

Redhook made a stout w/ coffee in it. I don't think they do anymore however.

I actually tried one of those 6.8% malt beers with redbull type crap in it this weekend. holy hell, yuck. that was it for my beer drinking.

instead, I downed half a fifth of 10 year old whiskey. by myself of course. :)

I am a beer snob. I won't drink it if it doesn't have alchohol in it. ;)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
stosh said:
This is probably one of my all time favorite beers

My parents love that stuff (I do too). My g-ma always brings it when she comes, and one time my dad carried a case of it as a carry on luggage. Good stuff.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
SkaredShtles said:
Ummm........ do you consider microbreweries "domestic"? If so, then practically *anything* beats a Coors. :p

-S.S.-
No, :nope: ..... for those of us that actually work in the Beer business, Microbrews are called ummmmm Microbrews. Domestics are Miller, bud, Coors.

Any more questions?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sherpa said:
My parents love that stuff (I do too). My g-ma always brings it when she comes, and one time my dad carried a case of it as a carry on luggage. Good stuff.
It's like water in the town where I used to live.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
scurban said:
No, :nope: ..... for those of us that actually work in the Beer business, Microbrews are called ummmmm Microbrews. Domestics are Miller, bud, Coors.

Any more questions?
Nope. But I'll tell ya, that's just fuggin' weird. Why don't you just differentite by calling it "good beer" and "bad beer"? :p

-S.S.-

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
A man and his wife are awakened at 3 o'clock in the morning by a loud pounding on the door.

The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3 o'clock in the morning!" He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife.

"Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers

"Did you help him?" she asks.

"No, I did not, it is 3 o'clock in the morning and it is pouring out there!"

"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself !"

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain.

He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes" comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.

"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

"Over here on the swing!" replies the drunk

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
SkaredShtles said:
Nope. But I'll tell ya, that's just fuggin' weird. Why don't you just differentite by calling it "good beer" and "bad beer"? :p

-S.S.-
Whether beer is "good" and "bad" is for us beer snobs to differentiate (that's what you meant, right?).

Whatever labels those in the bidness use to decide where to distribute and how much to charge. . . don't matter to me.

Case in point: go to a place where they charge extra for "imported" and see how many crappy beers you can pay extra for.

Another case in point: what does the phrase "domestic premium" mean to you? Not the same thing it means to them :D