Quantcast

Man, I must've been high the last coupla days...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I went boarding this weekend...got back Sunday night and I didn't want to bring my board into the house cuz it was raining and the board was all wet...I was gonna take it off the next day, but I totally forgot...I went to the gym, the grocery store, and the mall on Monday...then to work and San Francisco to a pub and then the ballet yesterday...and to work today...so my board has been on my rack since Sunday night and I just now noticed it only cuz someone asked me if I was going boarding again...HAHAHAHA!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I haven't washed the dishes since Sunday. I also am a day late paying my cable bill. Plus my new checks came in the mail and I don't like them. Thats it for trivial life stuff from me.....jdcamb

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
dh girlie said:
I went boarding this weekend...got back Sunday night and I didn't want to bring my board into the house cuz it was raining and the board was all wet...I was gonna take it off the next day, but I totally forgot...I went to the gym, the grocery store, and the mall on Monday...then to work and San Francisco to a pub and then the ballet yesterday...and to work today...so my board has been on my rack since Sunday night and I just now noticed it only cuz someone asked me if I was going boarding again...HAHAHAHA!
lol. that's like the time in high school that i drove the bike i just bought into the garage because I forgot about it on the hour drive back from the shop. manged the seat up but the bike was fine, though that car still has two Thule foot shaped dents in the front of the roof. :)

Glad your board's ok.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Barbaton said:
lol. that's like the time in high school that i drove the bike i just bought into the garage because I forgot about it on the hour drive back from the shop. manged the seat up but the bike was fine, though that car still has two Thule foot shaped dents in the front of the roof. :)

Glad your board's ok.

Did that myself once with a brand new jetta...the roof of my car looked like a velociraptor tried to pick it up...crease dents in the roof...f'd up the saddle on my bike...put a nice big ding in my hizzay above the garage. Not sure how I managed that...I was all muddy from a ride and still in my riding clothes sitting on a plastic garbage bag...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Did you say ballet?

How did it not get stolen in all that time? I wouldn't trust cheap sunglasses to not end up on some other nose were I to try that stunt near D.C. or Baltimore!

I have no friggin idea dude...especially up in the city. And yes, I did say ballet...I love the ballet and I have a season ticket package. I go every season. Once I went to the ballet and on the same night one of my favorite local bands M.I.R.V. was playing at this seedy ass bar and I did a quick change in the car after the ballet and went over to Slim's. Here I was doing the opera clap and an hour later I was hammered on tequila shots and in the mosh pit! :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
jdcamb said:
I haven't washed the dishes since Sunday. I also am a day late paying my cable bill. Plus my new checks came in the mail and I don't like them. Thats it for trivial life stuff from me.....jdcamb

It's not so much a trivial life thing...I'm just in freakin utter shock it didn't get stolen...I was in San Francisco, for god's sake...like llkoolkeg said...you don't leave ANYTHING in sight in your car in a big city like that...maybe the other ballet patrons just don't like to snowboard... :confused:

What's up with the checks...why don't you like them...mine have the Brady Bunch on them. I like em.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:
I have no friggin idea dude...especially up in the city. And yes, I did say ballet...I love the ballet and I have a season ticket package. I go every season. Once I went to the ballet and on the same night one of my favorite local bands M.I.R.V. was playing at this seedy ass bar and I did a quick change in the car after the ballet and went over to Slim's. Here I was doing the opera clap and an hour later I was hammered on tequila shots and in the mosh pit! :D
My car got broken into 1-2 times per year when I lived in the city.
Once, they just broke in to get out of therain. :rolleyes:
Nothing was missing, and they left 7-8 empty beer cans in the back seat.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
-BB- said:
My car got broken into 1-2 times per year when I lived in the city.
Once, they just broke in to get out of therain. :rolleyes:
Nothing was missing, and they left 7-8 empty beer cans in the back seat.

I bet that's not all they left...how do you know they didn't get busy in the back seat of your car? Dude we were at Tommy's Joynt there on Geary and Van Ness...then we went to the garage behind the opera house...I still can't believe I never took notice of it. The rack locks, but its just one of those Thule locks...I feel like a damn brain dead tool...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Are your edges all rusted to f#*k now? I hate that..... I always try to wipe my skis down after a day with a dry cloth to prevent that pesky surface rust.

-S.S.-

I haven't even looked yet...I'm just glad to know my board is still with me...if there is some rust I'll just take a steel wool pad and buff it off...maybe I will give the board a bath and get it waxed...maybe a new sticker...poor thing...such a sweet board. :heart:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Barbaton said:
This was the only way I was able to buy a new bike. Facked up my old Trek by driving into the garage........... insurance bought me a new (used) bike. :thumb:

-S.S.-

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
So which is it? Are you a high society girl that likes slumming or a trailerpark girl into social climbing? ;)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
So which is it? Are you a high society girl that likes slumming or a trailerpark girl into social climbing? ;)
Neither...I just have a broad range of interests...and how convenient was that set up of M.I.R.V. playing the same night I happened to have tickets to the ballet...I'm outta the city about 50 miles south, so I was able to kill two birds with one stone that night...I thought it was quite resourceful, myself! :D The ballet ended at 9 and doors opened at Slim's at 9...how sweet is THAT!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
dh girlie said:
It's not so much a trivial life thing...I'm just in freakin utter shock it didn't get stolen...I was in San Francisco, for god's sake...like llkoolkeg said...you don't leave ANYTHING in sight in your car in a big city like that...maybe the other ballet patrons just don't like to snowboard... :confused:

What's up with the checks...why don't you like them...mine have the Brady Bunch on them. I like em.
Not to be mean... But sometimes the title of your posts say "this is going to be good". Then I read your post.... and it just doesn't = the quality I have come from a DHG post. You're really are losing your touch. Your best work seems to be in others posts.

I lived in big cities. I know the gig......

I ordered plain cheques and they came with a floral pattern on them :angry: WTF!

jdcamb

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
jdcamb said:
Not to be mean... But sometimes the title of your posts say "this is going to be good". Then I read your post.... and it just doesn't = the quality I have come from a DHG post. You're really are losing your touch. Your best work seems to be in others posts.

I lived in big cities. I know the gig......

I ordered plain cheques and they came with a floral pattern on them :angry: WTF!

jdcamb
It's no different than any other crap on this board...I've seen way lamer stuff...I'm just in utter shock that board is not gone...completely blown away about it with all the places I went where it could have and should have been picked off so easily. Maybe this is a sign that I should play the lottery or really step up my bets at the craps tables this weekend.

Oh and I'll try to step it up for you :rolleyes: :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
Neither...I just have a broad range of interests...and how convenient was that set up of M.I.R.V. playing the same night I happened to have tickets to the ballet...I'm outta the city about 50 miles south, so I was able to kill two birds with one stone that night...I thought it was quite resourceful, myself! :D The ballet ended at 9 and doors opened at Slim's at 9...how sweet is THAT!
Good answer. I enjoy the ballet, as well. My problem is that I am a redneck at heart...but can't stand my neighbors. :)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
As much as I love the beauty of the ballet, I have to admit those guys have GREAT asses and big wads...HAHAHAHAHAH!
I'll defer to your greater expertise in this area.

Odd that this is the second time fairly recently I've mentioned the movie "Top Secret", but that ballet scene had me weeping with laughter.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
<snip>Maybe this is a sign that I should play the lottery or really step up my bets at the craps tables this weekend.
Luck would have been not posting this lame ass thread. I suppose you are not independently wealthy just yet.

*glad the board wasn't stolen.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
loco said:
Luck would have been not posting this lame ass thread. I suppose you are not independently wealthy just yet.

*glad the board wasn't stolen.
what possessed you to resurrect this "lame assed thread" a month later ;)

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
tommys joynt isnt in a super rough area. i go to school like a block from there and it really isnt that bad. its sortof like an area of really nice 5 blocks that is surrounded buy the tenderloin and the projects. tommys joynt is like the end of the decent neighborhood. once you cross van ness, the sketchiness begins.
the opera house is sketchy though. i am afraid to go around there in the day time becasue of all the crack heads who threaten you with crack head weapons. so now when i go for street rides i just kinda dont go there even though there is all that fun stuff around there.

sorry for the freaking term paper-sized post with bad grammer and spelling.

i too am happy that your board is not gone.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I drove the Enduro into the warning boom at the Mcdonalds in Fremont off of Mission BLVD. on my way to the GGG sunday. I heard this loud crack and felt resistance. I backed up and was stoked to realize that the only damage was the broken cables that hold the boom out overhead. The thing was designed to break away and rotate when struck. I got lucky :D

BTW: an egg McMuffin cost $2.50 alá carte these days! WTF? I got one of those and a small OJ and paid $5!!! :eek:

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
i cleaned the garage today. seems unrelated and random, but it relates to the procrastination theme here. my family has been staring at each other, waiting for someone else decide to clean out the crap in there for years. i finally just went out today and put everything in trash bags: old kneepads and wrist guards from roller skating, popped basketballs and footballs, tennis rackets from garage sales, and about 1500 jumpropes. we now have room to walk from our car into the house when we park in the garage. a major accomplishment for the green family: the riddance of our pile :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
monkeyboy424 said:
tommys joynt isnt in a super rough area. i go to school like a block from there and it really isnt that bad. its sortof like an area of really nice 5 blocks that is surrounded buy the tenderloin and the projects. tommys joynt is like the end of the decent neighborhood. once you cross van ness, the sketchiness begins.
the opera house is sketchy though. i am afraid to go around there in the day time becasue of all the crack heads who threaten you with crack head weapons. so now when i go for street rides i just kinda dont go there even though there is all that fun stuff around there.

sorry for the freaking term paper-sized post with bad grammer and spelling.

i too am happy that your board is not gone.

Who said tommys was in a seedy neighborhood...I love tommy's...Once I took JP there and some homeless dudes scraped up enough money to eat there and they got in a fight and the cops came...once the cops were finished with the fight, they stayed for dinner!

I was supposed to go to the next performance in my season ticket series of the ballet last night and hit tommy's beforehand, but I'm dying. I was still gonna try to go cuz I figured a few beers and some tequila might make me feel better, but the ringing in my ears and the fog in my head and the aches and pains were too great. I was really hoping I could sit next to the bitch that sat next to me last time and hack and cough on her like she did me...damn it all to hell.