Quantcast

Man... just 3 more hurricanes to go before...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I Are Baboon said:
...but instead of hammering people with wind and rain, it'll drop useless news stories from the sky.
...& tons of pics of himself in a pretty pink metro shirt. :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
...but instead of hammering people with wind and rain, it'll drop useless news stories from the sky.

Naw... Hurricane N8 will rain Bombay Saphire and green olives from the sky....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N8 said:
Naw... Hurricane N8 will rain Bombay Saphire and green olives from the sky....
Nah.... Hurricane N8 will fizzle out before it hits land... much like his news stories. :D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Hurricane N8 is next!!!

Experts: More Big Hurricanes Possible In 2005
POSTED: 1:57 pm EDT September 2, 2005
UPDATED: 2:28 pm EDT September 2, 2005

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- Amid the unfolding disaster left by Hurricane Katrina, Colorado State University researchers said Friday that they expect more storms over the next two months.

"The very active season we have seen to this point is far from over," researcher Philip Klotzbach said. "We expect that by the time the 2005 hurricane season is over, we will witness seasonal tropical cyclone activity at near-record levels."

The school's hurricane forecast team of William Gray and Klotzbach said there is a 43 percent chance an intense hurricane will hit the U.S. coast in September and a 15 percent chance in October. The long-term average is 27 percent in September and 6 percent in October.

The forecasters predicted five named storms - four of them hurricanes and two of those major - for September, traditionally the most active month for hurricanes. The team predicted three named storms, two hurricanes and one major hurricane in October.

The Atlantic hurricane season already has seen 13 named storms, including Maria, which formed today. Four storms became hurricanes. The 50-year average per season from 1950 to 2000 is 9.6 named storms, 5.9 hurricanes and 2.3 intense hurricanes.