Quantcast

Man offers Landis $100K for Polygraph

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Polygraphs don't really do much IMO. It just reads your bodys pysiological reaction to questions (blood pressure, pulse, etc).

If your really aprehensive about a question, your body could have the same reaction regardless of what the truth is.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've said it before. I have taken a polygraph test, been telling the absolute truth, and "failed" it. I place NO faith in those things now.

splat

Nam I am
Heidi said:
I've said it before. I have taken a polygraph test, been telling the absolute truth, and "failed" it. I place NO faith in those things now.
:stupid: Maybe the fact that I stood up ( with wires attached ) and Yelled at him "stop this type of questions or I am going to rip you F***ing head off .! " may of had something to do with it.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
So if we can establish that pretty much all the TDF riders are dopers (which to the casual observer appears to be the case), can't we still state that Landis is still the best? I mean it seems like a pretty level playing field to me.

USA USA USA!

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Heidi said:

"Did you smoke weed?"

" you mean ever?"

"ever"

"no"

"errr, wrong answer"

"does it always zap you like that?"

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I've taken a polygraph before for my job and they are absolute bull. Because you are under so much stress because you don't want the poly graph to accidentally think yer lying that your mind just wanders all over the place. Polygraphs mean NOTHING.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Extensive scientific research has proven polygraphs are a useless tool for a long time now, why do people still use/trust them?

National Academy of Science said: