Quantcast

Man...people on other MTB forums are soooooo lame.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I swear its insane how ridiculous it is. I play around a little bit a bikeforums.net just to cause trouble now and again, and wow, those guys have ZERO sense of humor at all. I mean, I know I dont strike alot of people as funny but WTF? How can that even be mildly entertaining? :nuts:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BF.net seems to be heavy with roadies, which is why I like it, but roadies, typically, have less a sense a humor than mtbers.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
BurlySurly said:
I swear its insane how ridiculous it is. I play around a little bit a bikeforums.net just to cause trouble now and again, and wow, those guys have ZERO sense of humor at all. I mean, I know I dont strike alot of people as funny but WTF? How can that even be mildly entertaining? :nuts:

Shiiiiiit I was so close to posting in that thread but something else came up and I closed it. Hold on.....

There......page 4 :love:

Actually come to think of it, I think I read the thread here first so :oink:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Not everyone there is lame ;)...but yeah it generally hurts to go in there all the time. I only still go there cause a couple of users I like posting to.

BTW Burly...thanx for spicing it up in there. It needed some blood to start flowing.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Roasted said:
Bikeforums = too conservative
NSMB = too young
Pinkbike = ...what the hell does this equal
Ridemonkey =...just right :)
Bikeforums-Alot of what trek should I buy threads. Made a thread pleaing for them to use the damn search function.
NSMB-too immature.
pinkbike-Some smart people, the rest are morons.
bicycling.com-server is down every otherday, topics are lame, can get banned for criticisizing the problems, great place to give downhilling advice to roadies.
Ridemonkey-Sanctuary.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
shootr said:
Dood! that metamucil comment had me rollin! to freakin funny.. keep it up there.. at least you can get their panties in a bunch.. Here everyone already gets the jokes..

I'm a mod at bikeforums, I hardly ever post there, I don't like treks, and I don't like answering which trek should I get questions. I also don't like the I got a trek, so I'm better than you attitude the trek owning members at bikeforums have. Can't make one reccomendation for another brand, if I try the brainwashed trek users there attack.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I remember about a year ago the owner was very discreetly trying to sell his site over at sitepoint.com. Is he still trying to sell?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Its kinda wierd. Its like the entire forum is made up of John Brian Peters's with different screen names. Its cool to have one JBP here, but a whole forum of them mixed with me is just bad stew waiting to stink.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Ridemonkey said:
I remember about a year ago the owner was very discreetly trying to sell his site over at sitepoint.com. Is he still trying to sell?
Wow sitepoint. I haven't heard that name in ages...woooo...

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Rip said:
I'm a mod at bikeforums, I hardly ever post there, I don't like treks, and I don't like answering which trek should I get questions. I also don't like the I got a trek, so I'm better than you attitude the trek owning members at bikeforums have. Can't make one reccomendation for another brand, if I try the brainwashed trek users there attack.
I have a Trek so I'm better than you even though your Stuff is probably much better, who cares, I have a Trek... so there! :p

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
dwaugh said:
I have a Trek so I'm better than you even though your Stuff is probably much better, who cares, I have a Trek... so there! :p
I don't have an issue with yours, just those that own treks that post at bikeforums. Besides you have a Stinky. ;)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Rip said:
I don't have an issue with yours, just those that own treks that post at bikeforums. Besides you have a Stinky. ;)
Yeah, the Stinky is a nice bike, but after riding the Trek for three weeks, its a tank! Its so heavy in comparison and really soft too. I can just toss my Trek around it's so light, but still one of the most tricked out Trek hardtails around. Picture....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rip said:
Hey, I have a Trek road bike. I guess I'd fit in well over at BFN, eh? :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Stirring up crap again eh Burly one? Ngateguy just happens to be one of my good riding buddies. Thanks alot for being a total dick. i thought you were a pretty steady guy now i realize you're just a frikkin troll, get a life you fake..... :eviltongu

haha *jokes* :monkey:
dude i found it slightly amusing that when the Olsen twins were baby actors on that tv show they resembled Qewpie *sp?* dolls or trolls whatever you wanna call em...
http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13252&stc=1

J

JRB

People that go to forums just to stir are mean. BurlySurly - you are mean. :D

BurlySurly said:
i just signed up to be part of the "wrecking crew"