Quantcast

Man - stupid pop-ups have gotten through Mozilla grrrr...time to find another browser

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I heard that 101.5 is giving away Mac computers - I almost wanna try and see if I can be the 101st caller just so I can use Safari :( Though on OSX I still like MOzilla best...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
SkaredShtles said:
Do you guys have all pop-ups disabled?

-S.S.-
I enabled RM popups so i could get PM's in a new window..... How do you switch that off so no pop ups come in?

edit: nevermind i found it... now fedex is the only site allowed to do popups....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
SkaredShtles said:
Do you guys have all pop-ups disabled?

-S.S.-
Yep - mostly, I let some advertisements through and graphics and stuff, because otherwise sites like Ridemonkey become kinda gross looking.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
oly said:
I enabled RM popups so i could get PM's in a new window..... How do you switch that off so no pop ups come in?

edit: nevermind i found it... now fedex is the only site allowed to do popups....
Tools >> Web Features - click the boxy.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I've been getting a pop-under once a day from RM. Usually the first time I hit RM I get a pop under and not after that.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Actually, certain places have defeated the Mozilla popup blocker just like they've defeated every other popup blocker on the planet. The reason it took a while to get to Firefox is because until recently, Firefox wasn't a popular browser. Same reason Macs don't get viruses.

Popup blockers aren't perfect. But they work enough of the time to make 'em useful...

RM has been having a certain tribalfusion popup coming through, though, which is something the chief monkey is looking into.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Here I come flying in to the rescue... Cape waving in the wind (That ain't the respect cape, either.)... Dum da dum! Whoosh! OPERA MAN to the rescue!

http://www.punkduck.com/Apps/Opera.zip

No pop ups can get past the awsome blocking power of Opera! Faster than a speeding OC12! more powerful than Bill Gates' wallet! Look! up on the screen! It's I.E.!, It's Netscape! No.... It's OPERA MAN!

popups---> :nuts: <---Opera

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i've been meaning to try Opera.

i get the RM pop under as well. that's the only one, though, so it doesn't bother me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
Here I come flying in to the rescue... Cape waving in the wind (That ain't the respect cape, either.)... Dum da dum! Whoosh! OPERA MAN to the rescue!

http://www.punkduck.com/Apps/Opera.zip

No pop ups can get past the awsome blocking power of Opera! Faster than a speeding OC12! more powerful than Bill Gates' wallet! Look! up on the screen! It's I.E.!, It's Netscape! No.... It's OPERA MAN!

popups---> :nuts: <---Opera
:stupid: I've got IE, Mozilla, *and* two versions of Opera on my desktop........ :eek:

-S.S.-

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
lately i have been getting hammerred with pop-ups on RM, through the blocker. It is REALLY annoying, as i had to turn off the blocker for RM in order to get message popups.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I havn't gotten a pop-up for months. On I.E. I use the google search bar and it has one in it and SP2 does it also. And on Mozilla i have never had any proplems with pop-ups. in fact it is perfect except some webpages wont load on it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I am on IE and I get 1 pop-up every morning when I first log onto RM and thats it.
:stupid:

As far as the PM notification also getting blocked, so what? Just glance up at the top of the screen and if you see more than zero unread PM's, chances are you've got a new one in there.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
or check the e-mail that says "New Private Message at Ridemonkey"...unless you don't get e-mail notifications. i have to get them, or else i'd get no e-mail. then i'd feel like a loser, and sit in my room while listening to Eminem, Dido, and Marilyn Manson, and Tool, staring at the Care Bear who is staring back with an evil eye.