Quantcast

Man tip #759

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If you're doing a bunch of concrete/tile/grout work, you can best clean your tools by letting them dry with the concrete, grout, mortar, etc still on them.

When dry, put them on your bench vice and let them have it with the wire wheel on a hand held grinder.

This wont work for spongy grout trowels, or, well, sponges, but anything metal its good for.

Screw getting all wet and nasty trying to clean crap off.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
If you have a big mixing bit for your electric drill, you know they are expensive. Instead of trying to knock all the caked up crap on there with a hammer after use, simply keep a separate bucket of water nearby to spin the bit in after you're done mixing.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's easier to just borrow the tools from someone you don't care for and return them dirty.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
It's "men" like you that make it nearly impossible to either borrow or lend tools.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
When I destroyed a section of tiles in my parents house (don't ask) I didn't want to pay for a grout mixer. So I took the rotisserie cooker out of the barbecue pushed the ends down to one side put the other end in the chuck of the drill and used that. It worked really well.

Later that year my parents asked what happened to it...

I don't know, somewhere in the garage?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I need a chipper in the worst way. Have to have a burn permit this time of year and the brush piles are growing.

Could use the mulch too.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
The economy will have collapsed, Britney's wizard sleeve will have dried up, my prostate will have attacked me and the Bush twins will be in office, all in 30 years. Im not waiting around for that.