Quantcast

Mana, I’m Comin’ Home GMT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They probably outsourced the programme to an ex colony and that's why it works.

A French IT person claimed French TV does not use a quick repeat function (not important what it is) despite literally selling that in their rights... A different French IT support person claimed no one talks about the new Wes Anderson movie on the Polish internet so that's why their internet monitoring tool wasn't showing anything (there were 1600 THREADS on one movie site alone about it and it was the most anticipated movie that week. A local tool has shown 10000 TIMES more results). Her response was "no the tool is working correctly".

As for Germans - no idea but I do work with some Austrians and every time I see a flag I kinda want to puke. A company I work with does not transfer knowledge when an employee quits. So for one important report I literally have to rebuild the process from scratch because "the person that did that doesn't work here anymore" and after I asked them "but did they tell you their workflow" i simply heard the first sentence again. Those dicks are also passive agressive and complain we don't do shit on time when all delays stem from their workflow. I once had to do 4 weeks of work in... 1 day... The only reason I managed to do it was because of a magic confluence of events where that task made me probably the only person on the continent who knew everything needed to be done by memory thans to me shifting industries some time ago...
Company has been trying to implement new engineering enterprise systems from a French company without success for the last 8 years with no end in sight.

They seem utterly incapable of exchanging data between their own applications.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so... couple questions for any North East (US) monkeys... when is march break for you guys, and do any ski hills in NY or Northern VT have any snow? Looking to take one of my boys somewhere to do something special for March break next week... Had originally planned to ski in the High Peaks area (into Avalanche Lake or something), but it's not looking like there's enough snow up there for that.... any thoughts? I just had a look at Burke's webcam and it's looking pretty grim...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so... couple questions for any North East (US) monkeys... when is march break for you guys, and do any ski hills in NY or Northern VT have any snow? Looking to take one of my boys somewhere to do something special for March break next week... Had originally planned to ski in the High Peaks area (into Avalanche Lake or something), but it's not looking like there's enough snow up there for that.... any thoughts? I just had a look at Burke's webcam and it's looking pretty grim...
California, Utah, and Colorado have snow

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Looked at some cams of North Conway. Pretty thin.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Most school districts are going to have February vacation and April vacation. You should not have to contend with that.

I can't speak as to which mountains may have snow. Maybe Jay Peak?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
ETA: Northeast region URL
ETA2: I'm skeptical about their totals given the 5/10 lifts running but the winner is:

1709666903072.png

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
ETA: Northeast region URL
ETA2: I'm skeptical about their totals given the 5/10 lifts running but the winner is:

View attachment 208634
It was snowing on one of the Killington webcams earlier. Though, it was also raining on a different one on the other side of the hill. :rofl:

One of the local spots here says they have over half a meter base snow, but all the runs look brown with mud. And they aren't even open today, also a coincidence, their webcams don't work. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was going to make a stoney creating an onlyfans joke but then didn't want to swallow my own vomit a little bit

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
1950 mg of ex strength tylenol should not be a thing twice a day....

probably....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yeah... that's... a lot. One's liver may get angry if that's kept up regularly. :fie:

Then again, IANAD.
reducing the size of the bandage on the toe helped alot with the steady throbbing like a yellow traffic light while wearing a shoe on said foot...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qualified 12th/30; apparently her kart died. Started 2nd in group B, passed 1/2 way through the first lap before they even brought the karts to full speed. :busted: 1st in group B (11th overall) by over 1/3 of a lap.