Quantcast

Manimal...meet the "normal" life..

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
um...after 6 years of marriage....................................

we're finally getting cable!!!!!! (tomorrow at noon) i don't know what to do with myself, it'll be weird having something other than WB and PBS. i'll get to watch all of those cool discovery channel/A&E/History channel shows that i try and watch while at the gym or normal people's houses.

we've had the basic...BASIC package for a long time and didn't see the justification for spending another $40 per month just for the other channels.....until the cable company's all-in-one package was dropped to only $15 more than what i'm paying now for broadband/phone/cable.

anyway...i may actually get some of the jokes on here about certain shows. perhaps i'll even make some friends! :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Just say NO! Im trying like hell to get rid of cable, but need the internet broadband... it'll rotchee brain!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I just dropped the cable component of my media package. TV sucks. All I do now is DL Lost and Desperate Housewives for the wife.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
BurlyShirley said:
Just say NO! Im trying like hell to get rid of cable, but need the internet broadband... it'll rotchee brain!

1)call cable company
2)say "cancel my cable (tv)"

come on, I think you can handle it

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Changleen said:
I just dropped the cable component of my media package. TV sucks. All I do now is DL Lost and Desperate Housewives for the wife.
Other than reality TV, that is the worst American TV has to offer.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
SkaredShtles said:
I have 3. Get rid of cable for the kids' sake.
yes, :stupid:

More channels is the last thing you need with kids. It rots thier brains, and gives them yet another reason to sit on thier asses. Say no to cable, say yes to reading, imaginary play, outside play and creativity.

gg

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
welcome to the world of paying for hundreds of channels that aren't worth watching.

food channels.
home improvement channels.
shop at home garbage.
biased news channels.
speed vision channel that's all about those "pimp my rice burner" shows.
oln channel (castin and blastin at its best)
more religion channels than you could wave a serpent at.
movie channels that show the same films over and over.(how many friggin times can you watch crocodile dundee II ?)

the only good thing is that you wont have to wait long to catch an episode of andy griffith.

and you'll soon find out that carlos mencia is funny as sh...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Oh good God - don't encourage Sharon............. :p
hey now! :p

There are plenty of things worth watching on television. Like anything in life you need to make informed decisions about what you are watching and watch in moderation. If you can't do that then yeah, maybe you should get rid of your tele. Remember, there are trashy books out there too.

The many discovery and history channels make it worth it for me. Then you throw in all the auto racing I get to see, and I am really digging it. Do I watch reality shows or Desperate Housewives? Absolutely not. And neither should you. But I do watch Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield anytime it comes on.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I watch a few shows, but you have to have cable to get any of the good channels.

I got the basic "extended" package that was cheap with my Internet service. Most everything I watch is on History, Discovery, TLC, and Comedy Central :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
<snip>
There are plenty of things worth watching on television. Like anything in life you need to make informed decisions about what you are watching and watch in moderation. If you can't do that then yeah, maybe you should get rid of your tele. Remember, there are trashy books out there too.
I guess I'll just take my chances with the books.

My main gripe with TV, besides their long track record of producing crap, is the commercials. I occasionally will watch something on PBS. I just find that, in general, I'd much rather do something *besides* watch TV.

And as far as cable: I'm too cheap and lazy to have cable. :p

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hell, I cut my cable off 6 years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done. I get way more done and now I truely realize how much of a waste of time cable is!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i soooo kept the cable :thumb: the kids only get 30 min a day anyway, so who cares which educational show they watch...now they have more of a choice. me on the other hand, i now know how to be a REAL cop after watching some cool shows :rolleyes: :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Daily Show.
Cobert Report.
Modern Marvels.
Inside the Actors Studio.
Drawn Together.

Other than that, TV can suck a dick.