Quantcast

Manitou MRD X-Works, What's up?

Tcov

Chimp
Oct 9, 2001
Cave Creek. Arizona
I was just told that Manitou was "redesigning" something on the fork and no new shipments will be made until the end of June! No other info. Does anyone know what is up? I'm pretty sure some units shipped a while back, did they have issues?

Thanks

Yes

You are correct about the forks. I ordered one awhile ago, and they told me a couple of weeks and they have kept pushing the delievery date behind, until the at date you mention. The reason I kept getting is they r revamping the SPV, something is they were waiting for some new parts. So i droed the order an now awaiting the Sherman Plus..

Lata

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Originally posted by adrenalinerush
So i droed the order an now awaiting the Sherman Plus..
Yeah, I feel your pain, the dealer told me my WRX Sti would be a few weeks late so I said screw it and got a kia. ;)

Originally posted by erikkellison
How is a Sherman a substitute for a Dorado MRD X-Works??? :confused: :rolleyes:
Well because my framehas the 1.5 and the sherman is going to be like alomst 2 pounds lights and like 1/2 price of the fork, so I decided to try to the fork. And I still mite not have gotten the fork because they mite have runed out for filling the preorders and what not.

latz
Randy

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Dude, FYI, "runed" is not a word, and a mite is a bug. You mean "ran" and "might."

And you ordered a Sherman Breakout + right? I think I might order the Slider +, should be a good fork, good luck with it! If I were you I would have gotten the Slider since it should be a lot stiffer.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
so whats the reason?
i read something about leakages (not t the seals) in another message board but that was no clear info.

my mrd X is sitting here waiting for the frame (which is also late...) and I'd be really pissed if there was another delay because of the fork...

Originally posted by UiUiUiUi
so whats the reason?
i read something about leakages (not t the seals) in another message board but that was no clear info.

my mrd X is sitting here waiting for the frame (which is also late...) and I'd be really pissed if there was another delay because of the fork...
Yea... I couldn't take it. I was all excited I finally picked out my parts for the season, and then they kept getting pushed back. I droped my order with the frame because I was tired of the wait. The reason I went with the frame I thought I was going have the frame sooner and I thought the performance of the frame was going to be high. But once they kept putting it farther into the season, I decide to go with my first choice and drop the order.

Lata
Randy

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
I too was going to get the MRD X-Works and was just getting the it'll be another week or two story. I got tired of it cancelled my order and bought the 888R. Let me tell ya'll, I am very happy with my decision. The 888R works! ;)

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Yea... I couldn't take it. I was all excited I finally picked out my parts for the season, and then they kept getting pushed back. I droped my order with the frame because I was tired of the wait. The reason I went with the frame I thought I was going have the frame sooner and I thought the performance of the frame was going to be high. But once they kept putting it farther into the season, I decide to go with my first choice and drop the order.

Lata
Randy
yeah i am a lucky :monkey: that i decided to keep the "old" bike or i would have been totally ****ed, no bike at the beginning of the season, first race is next weekend.
can't wait! :)

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Just a Rumor, but as I understand it, the MRD-X works have all been recalled due to the SPV not actually working, something to do with internals.......Like I said, just a rumor, no hard evidence.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
From what they told my shop, they are changing the forks to have the 2005 SPV+ valving (like when TPC got upgraded to TPC+). Not sure how its different, I'll try to find out next time I order something from them.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Notice the speedholes on the Mpire? I'm running a Slider XWorks too.. :p
If I had a choice between a Big Hit and the MPire, I'd choose.....

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Threepointtwo
Hmmm, so.... How does everybody like their Slider +? I am thinking of running this one instead. Seems like a good compromise.
finally have the right spring rate so the reb setting and all is all good.. so far so very good.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
Originally posted by Orven
finally have the right spring rate so the reb setting and all is all good.. so far so very good.
We ride the same shoes so I'm certain it will be a good fork or me too. I really like the price difference to boot.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by Threepointtwo
We ride the same shoes so I'm certain it will be a good fork or me too. I really like the price difference to boot.
to be honest... I think the hematomas are so overrated.. I have only been riding on these for a week or two now (granted it was slightly used by someone else) and the sole is coming apart.. I prefer the Adidas Jaltona better.. Otherwise, they're great shoes..

Originally posted by Orven
Notice the speedholes on the Mpire? I'm running a Slider XWorks too.. :p
If I had a choice between a Big Hit and the MPire, I'd choose.....
It isnt fair...Dont do that to me:( How could you? Why did you have to tell him ViolentDisco, Now Ill just have to drool over frame even more. You got my bike and my shoes lol. Damn You. But your pics keep me warm inside during these loney times of waiting for the frame.

Orven, are you running the Ringle hub that comes with it. If so do you know the specs of the hub.

Latz
Randy

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.

Orven, are you running the Ringle hub that comes with it. If so do you know the specs of the hub.

Latz
Randy
Danny had already asked me for this info and I still forgot to measure the spoke length.
However, the ringle hub is 165mm and 12mm axle..
I'll have to measure the spoke length on the wheel laced to a 321 rim when I get home. Zero dish wheel build rules.
PM me if you have any other questions about the Mpire or email me at work, orven@lightfootpg.com, regarding setup...build tips...etc...
Just cuz Violet Volante asked me to.....here's another teaser pic.......of our same shoes!....:p