Quantcast

Manitou rebound knob.........have a ?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys,

So I got this Minute 1:00 back from warrenty to fix the rebound knob. I made sure the fork has 50psi in the SPV chamber and go to adjust the rebound knob to make sure it turns. It turns like........1/4 of a revolution each way (less and more) and that's it. It then feels like it won't turn anymore.

I already sent a email off to answer as they've been great so far (first time dealing with them) and was curious how many times should you be able to turn that rebound knob? I know on my marzocchi's I can make it rebound so slow, almost to the point of taking a minute to come back to ride height and I can make it so fast it's not funny where I have no baseline with this new fork.

I'm just wondering if it should be hard to turn at all or if it should just turn like butter each way?

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Spunger said:
Hey guys,

So I got this Minute 1:00 back from warrenty to fix the rebound knob. I made sure the fork has 50psi in the SPV chamber and go to adjust the rebound knob to make sure it turns. It turns like........1/4 of a revolution each way (less and more) and that's it. It then feels like it won't turn anymore.

I already sent a email off to answer as they've been great so far (first time dealing with them) and was curious how many times should you be able to turn that rebound knob? I know on my marzocchi's I can make it rebound so slow, almost to the point of taking a minute to come back to ride height and I can make it so fast it's not funny where I have no baseline with this new fork.

I'm just wondering if it should be hard to turn at all or if it should just turn like butter each way?

Yep,
Got a minute 2 right here next to me and it works fine and yes there is only a half turn of rebound available at the knob. Seems to do an adequate job of controlling reboud though.