Quantcast

Manitou to make Comeback?

Carraig042

me 1st
Apr 5, 2011
East Tennessee
It looks like they are working on a proper upto 180mm fork (enduro bro) with 37mm stanchions coming in at under 2000g. As found on NSMB. Could be interesting!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i saw some shots of this from eurobike. sounds like the mattoc is finally getting a big brother. and the mattoc is a really good fork.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My used Pike with a debonair feels amazing.

Unfortunately, the CSU has just started to creak like a mofo.

I’m not sure I can tolerate it.

Needz moar reliabilites

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My used Pike with a debonair feels amazing.

Unfortunately, the CSU has just started to creak like a mofo.

I’m not sure I can tolerate it.

Needz moar reliabilites

I doubt it would work but if it were mine I would have to give the fork a good spray with some brake clean and when dry try putting some Loctite green on both sides of the crown.
As far as I'm aware green is the only post assembly retaining compound and has better wicking properties than the other variants.

Could possibly stop the noise.......?
I have never had a noisy CSU but I have had two steerers come loose on the shitful Kowa forks from days gone by, God they sucked!
https://www.permatex.com/products/thread-compounds/threadlockers/permatex-penetrating-grade-threadlocker-green/

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
2nd the wicking Loctite. My Lyrik is (mostly) quiet now. Too bad the bushings are shot and the answer is a $340 set of new lowers...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
2nd the wicking Loctite. My Lyrik is (mostly) quiet now. Too bad the bushings are shot and the answer is a $340 set of new lowers...
Or do like I did and spend the $500 for a new Yari, then you start out fresh. Damn shame though that you have to go to these lengths and forks only last about 2 seasons now.