Quantcast

Manitou Travis v. RS Boxxer v. Marzocchi 888

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
888- freeride or not so smooth riding style.
boxxer for racing or weight savings.

I have a boxxer team and like it, even though I don't race.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Wait for the fat boxxer. It should be available early 09 if I'm not wrong.
If not it's a bit hard. Many ppl will complain on travis but with the corect amount of maitanance I think it works better than the 888 if you want it to be smooth but not to fast and progressive.
888 is if you do stupid crap and often hurt your bike. Maybe look for a 07 888rc2x.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Wait for the fat boxxer. It should be available early 09 if I'm not wrong.
If not it's a bit hard. Many ppl will complain on travis but with the corect amount of maitanance I think it works better than the 888 if you want it to be smooth but not to fast and progressive.
888 is if you do stupid crap and often hurt your bike. Maybe look for a 07 888rc2x.
The travis has a weaker chasis, its still heavy, and it has no LSC damping. IT dives wayyy too much. And it requires too much maitenance.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The travis has a weaker chasis, its still heavy, and it has no LSC damping. IT dives wayyy too much. And it requires too much maitenance.
Haven't spotted the diving. Even with much LSC my marz dives more imo. For maintenance yeah its true but oil change every 2months isn't that bad.

Nixxk

Chimp
Jun 11, 2006
I had Boxxers and Travis.
both very good forks. but it is true that the Travis needs a little more TLC.

Did not notice too much diving too..
And for now i just got myself the last version of the "old"
boxxer .. a 09.. looks like a great fork.

Npdh

Monkey
Apr 29, 2007
Haven't spotted the diving. Even with much LSC my marz dives more imo. For maintenance yeah its true but oil change every 2months isn't that bad.
In my opinion Mz hasn't either a better LSC control than the Boxxer or Fox.

Get the Team if you don't want a Fox.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I say 2007 888 as well. The 08/09 888's don't appeal to me. Too heavy, and I don't like what I hear about RC3. Boxxers brake too easy. Almost everybody I know who has had one has broken them.