Quantcast

manitou ?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
What the hell was the point of doing that? I would be riding a new jumper this year but i am not buying some "gold label" fork. The jumper got the job done...now im on a pike :think:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm a marzocchi kind of person. My dirt jumper 2 '03 with 5" has never needed service. I like marzocchi's reliability and dependability.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
could be nice, the crappy part on the stance was the tubes and crowns that had a lot of friction, those were taiwan this is made in the us, not that its better per se but at least its different and if they made it in a different country, lets hope its for the better.

get it?
i didnt when reading my own post.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
I was talking to Cam McCaul at Mt. Snow and he said it was basicly the Jumper just with a new name... Who knows...

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
looks crappy. too bad its not gold. and its also too bad that they are using the fluid flow dampening from the axel's. that seems to blow up a lot.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
I have mixed feelings about the Gold Series 2. Why Manitou didn't make a Jumper version of the Travis I'm not sure, that would be sick.

The Stance forks where well engineered with generally lackluster assembly. Most of the problems I've seen with them have been quality control issues like poorly installed seals. And don't even get me started with the "Tire Clearance Upgrade"... that's one of the dumbest things I've seen a fork manufacturer implement in a long time. But otherwise, once the upgrade is "downgraded" and the dumb assembly issues resolved, they're amazingly tough little forks for a heck of a price.

The #1 thing the Gold Series 2 has going for it is it's assembled in the USA (like the Travis and Nixon series) and very fairly priced compared to competing forks. Most of it's design and components are lifted from the Stance, with a little Nixon thrown in for good measure. It's got a good pedigree, now it's getting hand built by pros.

I have a Jumper on my Mob, and I've sold one or two in the past week. I have one last one in stock, then that's it. I'm sad to see them go to, but I think the Gold Series 2 is going to be a pleasant, affordable surprise.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
vitox said:
ben so does this "assembled in the US" mean its the same parts made in asia and then brought back to the us for assembly?
I tried getting some strait info from them on that, talked to a couple of guys down there... I couldn't get a strait answer from anyone. It sounds like some of the parts are of the same design, but a different factory. Some of them are made in the same factory, but cleaned up and assembled in the US shop. Either way, the *quality* of the Gold series is noticeably higher then the Stance forks.