Quantcast

manpons

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I need to get some new riding shorts and was looking at the Performance Liquicell and Performance Trico Gel shorts.

I have never bought Performance shorts and have never wore gel instead of traditional chamois and was wanting some input on these shorts.

So fire away if you have any comments/reviews for me!!

Thanks ya'll :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
how are yoiu gonna fit your overstuffed sack in those with the extra gel padding?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I hate to say this but.... I bought a pair of PricePoint UltraBib shorts for my weekly road ride, and they are the most comfortable pair of cycling shorts I have ever worn.

They were $34

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was recently long overdue for a new pair of riding shorts, so I stopped down to the shop to see what was there. He had some nice Pearl Izumi stuff there, a grossly expensive top-of-the-line pair and some nice ones with a slightly less insane price tag. I decided on the second-best set, but he didn't have them in my size. So I bit the bullet and got the awesome ones. DAMN those things are comfortable. They are just awesome. Worth it? The price was a sting, but after a few long days in the saddle they are looking like a better and better investment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
I was recently long overdue for a new pair of riding shorts, so I stopped down to the shop to see what was there. He had some nice Pearl Izumi stuff there, a grossly expensive top-of-the-line pair and some nice ones with a slightly less insane price tag. I decided on the second-best set, but he didn't have them in my size. So I bit the bullet and got the awesome ones. DAMN those things are comfortable. They are just awesome. Worth it? The price was a sting, but after a few long days in the saddle they are looking like a better and better investment.
If'n they are the ones with the suede looking chamios you better use butt butter or something similar with them. I made that mistake once and I would have been better off riding with a loincloth made from sandpaper.

J

JRB

My microsensors are far less comfy than the new bellwether Elite IIs I just got. I plan to get one more pair later today.

*my pricepoint shorts have given up the goat after 2 years. They are as comfy as Pearl attacks.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
loco said:
My microsensors are far less comfy than the new bellwether Elite IIs I just got. I plan to get one more pair later today.

*my pricepoint shorts have given up the goat after 2 years. They are as comfy as Pearl attacks.
you could have told me before I bought them :(

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I wear some Dickies double layer pants that I have hemmed at the knees.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
If'n they are the ones with the suede looking chamios you better use butt butter or something similar with them. I made that mistake once and I would have been better off riding with a loincloth made from sandpaper.
Yeah I'm addicted to that stuff. But I had a pair of Voler shorts years ago that became sandpaper from lack of lube :dead:

J

JRB

Gel sucks, but I have had a nice pair of performance shorts. I also have some that are too tight. Wumpus likes his.