Quantcast

$$$$Manual Labor holiderp $$$

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi
Rail trail bike ride with the kiddo last night. Caught grief from the wife for having five bikes. Went to bed angry. Hoping to get a ride in today on one of those fives bikes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
two shits in so far today...

estimated length combined....3 feet.

tacos tonight.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I also have five bikes. Had to think about that one for a bit

waiting for smol children to wake up so that I my collect snuggle time. Then throwing a few deck screws into Trex joints where the hidden connectors are not passing muster and then time to be traffic returning to Denver

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early, so I went for a pedal on the local trails.

Child's 3rd b-day today. WTF. How does time go by so fast? We shall spend the day celebrating with a hike and maybe some beach time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Super disappointing experience at one of my favorite restaurants in the world last night. Food was still amazing but holy shit did we have horrible service. We got our food and then the waitress basically disappeared. If this had been my only experience I would never go back.

Oh well, off to find espresso and moar green chili.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Normal work day in Denmark and going live today with the new big customer. So far so good and in some ways good we have not been inundated with new klients from them.

I had a really good ride yesterday in the north of the island. We had fun racing another rider and managed to not have him take us over after I had caught him the first time he passed us.

I am already looking forward to more riding this week!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley ended up in third yesterday. Another really good weekend but she got beaten by race craft again. She was fastest in every session except the quali (when it's important). Even then, it was in second by .055sec and she did it without a draft, which the others had. Given she's been off in qualifying by .3-.5 lately, so it was a big improvement.

She has one race left in the series and we really want her to get a win. Her kart has been over class weight by 5-7# all season, which is at the range that it can start to cost over .1sec/lap. Given that she was under that time spread all weekend, we are going to looking at the options for how we can lighten it down for the final race. We did some back of the envelope math and should be able to drop 2-4# pretty easily with some parts swaps. If we can get it through her mind that her sticker kit (which weighs 2#) is just that, then we can get her kart down to the point that we might need to add weight, which is a perfect situation. The kart is back to the shop today so they can get it ready for the next race.

Hannah looks to have an ear infection, again. Yardwork for me today.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Hi
Rail trail bike ride with the kiddo last night. Caught grief from the wife for having five bikes. Went to bed angry. Hoping to get a ride in today on one of those fives bikes.
She’s right, how dare you only have 5 bikes. You should make her happy and get another.

Rode a bike
Now taking kiddos to a playground while momma rides.
Invited to a buddies pool later.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here. Haley ended up in third yesterday. Another really good weekend but she got beaten by race craft again. She was fastest in every session except the quali (when it's important). Even then, it was in second by .055sec and she did it without a draft, which the others had. Given she's been off in qualifying by .3-.5 lately, so it was a big improvement.

She has one race left in the series and we really want her to get a win. Her kart has been over class weight by 5-7# all season, which is at the range that it can start to cost over .1sec/lap. Given that she was under that time spread all weekend, we are going to looking at the options for how we can lighten it down for the final race. We did some back of the envelope math and should be able to drop 2-4# pretty easily with some parts swaps. If we can get it through her mind that her sticker kit (which weighs 2#) is just that, then we can get her kart down to the point that we might need to add weight, which is a perfect situation. The kart is back to the shop today so they can get it ready for the next race.

Speed holes, of course.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Was smokey yesterday so a short and steep hike to Mt. Hebgen.

IMG_20240901_133816355_copy_2048x1536.jpg

1700' in 3 miles but most of that was in the last mile... STIL. Oof

IMG_20240901_131321656_HDR_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Short hike so had time for lazy river float, though the bike ride back to car at put in was dark as fuck at 8:30.

Days are getting shorter (Boo!)

#insert snow/soon meme

Swamp donkeys returning to "town" now that hunting season is nigh.

IMG_20240901_194458473_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Related:

Another one bites the dust...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Super disappointing experience at one of my favorite restaurants in the world last night. Food was still amazing but holy shit did we have horrible service. We got our food and then the waitress basically disappeared. If this had been my only experience I would never go back.

Maybe she had really bad diarrhea, you will know shortly.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Every day sucks recovering from shoulder surgery. Best I can do are easy hikes.

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles

Yeah that’s a great restaurant. Been there many times. But you still need to go to Horsemans Haven

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Does she have a turbo and a NOS sticker on there? Scientifically proven to add 3-6 horsepower and at least shave off 10-48 seconds per lap.

do they make a carbon go cart frame? Sounds like that’s what she needs. Probably a carbon helmet too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

drill holes

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
riding bikes, legs are le tired. big fat steak later as well as a bday party.
rode Maryland Mtn, a pretty rad spot out here.
super loose DH but fast, alternate rocks/slabs were treacherous and almost got me twice.
according to the strava machine this was a fast climb for me - thanks to riding solo and rocking out to Slayer in my right ear. :rockout:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
was traffic. partook of express lane on I-70 from 40 to hwy 6. as this was in the loaned to me EV9 the bill will go to the dealer in question! and may or may not ever be passed on to me.

:)

time to moonlight a ton now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hi
5 bikes? Did you tell her those are rookie numbers?

Edit:
5 bikes built and rideable
4 bikes partially built to varying degrees
3 3/4 unbuilt frames

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Invited to the neighbors for a BBQ to welcome the new neighbors that nobody has met yet. We were invited either because they needed more folks or maybe we were the only neighbors who accepted. Should be interesting at least.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
5 bikes? Did you tell her those are rookie numbers?

Edit:
5 bikes built and rideable
4 bikes partially built to varying degrees
3 3/4 unbuilt frames
I ain’t say shit

I’ve got:
gravel/commuter/cx bike
commuter ebike
fancy road bike
tt/triathlon bike
mountain bike
I’ve got the spooky I’m breaking down to part and sell, and the trainer mule that will never leave the trainer.

I think she was just picking a fight because it was Sunday, but I’m not spending a lot of money on this hobby (some people have a mountain bike that is equivalent in value to my whole stable) and I have no motorized hobbies like cars or motos. I should threaten to buy another 1980s Audi next time she brings it up. Shit my daughter technically has three bikes right now (two she’s outgrown).

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Hi
Also five (well, six) bikes but no kids and drive a cheap beater long paid off car. Mrs Scrub cares not about the bikes so long as I'm taking care of the rest of my part of $$$/household shit.

See: drive a cheap (but dependable!) car.