Quantcast

$$$$Manual Labor holiderp $$$

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just one fully functional bike and some pretty spendy thru hiking gear.

BTW the Appalachian Trail has an insatiable appetite for gear. Just this year; tent, pack, shoulder strap pocket, trekking poles, pack liner, puffy jacket, rain cover, rain jacket, food bag, clothing bag, two pairs of socks, four hiking shirts and four pairs of trail runners.

Still have 841 miles left.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
having a dedicated commuter bike with full fenders, a rack for panniers, lighting that lives on it, über-durable tires, and higher gearing is a nice luxury

(especially if it also has 1000W to aid one along one's way)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Also five (well, six) bikes but no kids and drive a cheap beater long paid off car. Mrs Scrub cares not about the bikes so long as I'm taking care of the rest of my part of $$$/household shit.

See: drive a cheap (but dependable!) car.
It didn’t sound like it was a complaint about the money, it seemed like it was about the space that these things were taking up. Ironically my space is more organized than it’s ever been. Don’t get me wrong; I have plenty of money in the hobby, but still not as much as some other people.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh man, the dirt you learn. I knew they moved into a shit show, but it was worse than I knew. They left shit in every room, especially the garage, there were at least 100 airplane style shot bottles behind the shed, it seems Dallas would buy them and shoot them in the back yard and toss the empty back there. He was supposed to stop drinking several times while he lived there. Pot paraphernalia and little weed baggies everywhere.

They kept all the receipts for cleaning and sent them to their realtor and got a check a week later. There is a ton of work to do both inside and out.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode motorcycles in the woods. Stagecoach trails. Did it backwards this time. Kind of harder. Good frisbee session with Angela and the kids when I got home. Wardynskis Cheddar and Jalapeno Beef Hot dogs on the grill. Very tasty. No buns or condiments.