sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
are not this janky

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That kind of thing just seems to be setup for failure, during a race.

You'll have to hit it single file and good luck when your stiff and shitty tired XC bike lands on the edge of those round rocks into the gutter of dirt.

Or you just MVdP it, like that guy did.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
There'd be a B line wouldn't there?

Not a similar drop but I was impressed by this dude's effort last week-

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There'd be a B line wouldn't there?

Not a similar drop but I was impressed by this dude's effort last week-
Looks like just to rider's right, but the 3rd guy was riding w/o thinking, just following the other two.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That is very janky. Glad the rider walked it off (looks like). I'm all for XC getting a little bit gnarlier, but that is some plattekill level jank

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah endo guy came in too slow and offline. It does look like they might need one more rock or something to prevent front wheels from tucking under at the top though.

I think it's great to see this stuff in XC. As noted there's always a chicken line.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Look before ya leap maybe?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awwwwww dammit :(

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What was this person thinking? Shimano bite point failure?

She landed on the front wheel, looks like locked it because her direction of travel was at the fence and not down the trail, then folded it as it locked with no traction, basically might as well been ice at that point.

If you are on the brakes heavily in such as section, yeah the shimano bite point can get you, as you are trying to slow down and the bite point gets further out where your fingers are not as effective. That could cause a similar IMO, but IMO her launching onto the front wheel with the rear still traveling up and locking the brake at the same time because she couldn't run-out in the same direction looks more likely.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Let s just say how I have strong emotional opinion on this subject, that I didn't know existed until I saw this thread.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
She landed on the front wheel, looks like locked it because her direction of travel was at the fence and not down the trail, then folded it as it locked with no traction, basically might as well been ice at that point.

If you are on the brakes heavily in such as section, yeah the shimano bite point can get you, as you are trying to slow down and the bite point gets further out where your fingers are not as effective. That could cause a similar IMO, but IMO her launching onto the front wheel with the rear still traveling up and locking the brake at the same time because she couldn't run-out in the same direction looks more likely.
I mean the Shimano thing was a joke, but it could happen.

Source of the problem = sending it to the moon with no brakes