Quantcast

marcelo gutierrez down hard at the pan-am 2013

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It's been said, he broke two fingers in his hand... not good before first WC...

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Would be a bummer if it affects his speed and confidence since he was really fast in recent races but didn't Stevie Smith race on race with a broken finger too!?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
At first I thought it was much worse since the pic at first looks like there is more than a broken visor. Still healing vibes to him. Fingers heal fast fortunately. 2-3 weeks and you're fine. Unless something more happened it shouldn't really traumatize him.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Lucky!, healing vibes,

hey correct me if i am wrong, Helmet visor should be made of plastic, that folds and not shatter upon impact?

I have seen at a local dh race, his face was cut from the shattered visor.

worse if not wearing goggles it can injure your eyes.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Lucky!, healing vibes,

hey correct me if i am wrong, Helmet visor should be made of plastic, that folds and not shatter upon impact?

I have seen at a local dh race, his face was cut from the shattered visor.

worse if not wearing goggles it can injure your eyes.
It should? If you are wearing googles parts of visor will not penetrate your googles and all the helmets I owned had hard visors.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Amazed he still managed third, abord what helmet I do not know, even considering he broke some fingers. Good things to come from him this season!

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Only helmet I know of with a flexy visor is the urge. Would be nice if all helmet brands adopted that material for visors, if for the only reason being that it won't shatter when you face plant. Not cutting your face would be an added bonus. Destroying your visor is annoying, cause you almost certainly don't have a spare and will have to ride around looking like a doofus until a replacement arrives

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
This is why I always replace original visor bolts with velcro :)

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
He must not be an internet biker because anyone from ridemonkey would have stared at their helmet while swearing about its insufficient compliance properties.

And also: fvck yeah!
And he qould have made a thread about buying a new helmet.