Quantcast

Marginal DH

maniak10

Chimp
May 2, 2006
there is enough new wood to build a sizeable ladder somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions as to where we should put it?

Forecaster

Chimp
Dec 20, 2004
Seattle
Hey,guys. A concern from the natureC folks today. They feel that work is moving too fast up on the hill and are concerned that erosion is already a problem. Let's stop building anything new for now until there is a meeting and resolution.

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
I work for the BBTC and am willing to help the local trail builders of the West Marginal DH trails push this agenda forward so that we can inevitably turn sections of this greenbelt into a legitimate DH/freeriding area... but I'm going to need your help! :help:

This is a fantastic opportunity for us to acquire a legitimate place for progressive riding. And I will be happy to assist in working with local government agencies to ensure that this issue is dealt with in a reasonable and professional manner.

I live minutes from the Duwamish Greenbelt and have a vested interest in preserving and enhancing the mountain bike trails there. I would very much like to see that area fixed up and legitimized as a legal place to ride bikes. On top of that I would like to have the permission of the land mangers there to build/preserve “X” number of trails on a given segment of land. And lastly, I would like to come to a peaceful resolution with the Nature Consortium to not only map out areas that might be off limits to bikers (and to post signage in the area accordingly), but it is my will to foster a lasting and reciprocal relationship with the Nature Consortium to ensure that the needs of all parties involved in this deal are met.

I know of one involved party and have heard rumors of another, but I am unaware of who the separate parties of builders are in the area. If anyone out there knows exactly who is building and/or how to contact them, please feel free to contact me with that info (jon@bbtc.org). I would like to organize a time for us to meet face to face so that we can negotiate an appropriate settlement for this issue.

I look forward to speaking with the trail builders and/or anyone who would like to get involved in this process. Thanks again to Mark Tomkiewicz of the Nature Consortium… I appreciate your good will.