Quantcast

Maribor World Cup Live

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
So, a total of 239 guys racing DH at Maribor, including 10 Americans. Yet, 4X is supposed to be the sport to attract the riders and the participation numbers yet there are only 104 guys registered for that (at least they'll actually "qualify" and not just have seeding for the finals). There are zero Americans racing 4X. So much for that theory that we need 4X races in the States to increase our experience for racing overseas...
:stop:
what's your point?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So, a total of 239 guys racing DH at Maribor, including 10 Americans. Yet, 4X is supposed to be the sport to attract the riders and the participation numbers yet there are only 104 guys registered for that (at least they'll actually "qualify" and not just have seeding for the finals). There are zero Americans racing 4X. So much for that theory that we need 4X races in the States to increase our experience for racing overseas...

-ska todd
I found one! It's a girl, but there is 1 out there at least right? =]

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Steve Smith, fastest timed run with a 3:03, Hill with a 3:07. Riders are going crazy double anything and everything in sight trying to find fractions of a second on a freeway of a track.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Watched the DH training today, and snaped a few pics during the day.

The first jump is pretty big. Props to the girls how jumped it! (Not all boys did).

One of the new sections on the top. The hip jump.

Another one of the new hip jump. Anyone up for a hand plant on that?

The last jump into the finish finally getting fixed with some wooden boards. Was so soft.

The 50+ years old gondola is an experience

The sky is still blue, but the forcast for tomorrow is still heavy rain and drastic temperature drop..

Oh! Yeah, the beer is lovely here for sure. Cheers!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah that track is so fast, the thing I really noticed when I was there was how the top guys were doubling/pumping EVERY little bump there was on the track - quite eye-opening!

And yep, the gondola rocks, about 125m up 500m from the nearest tower at one point IIRC :D

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
From what I saw Gee didn't do a run, Peat was 4th or something, but being beat by Smith etc clearly wasn't trying.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Litter for photos
Dirt for vids*
UCI for live results
Freecaster for live footage

Good times :-)

*Victor SERIOUSLY needs to up his photo game - they're all MASSIVELY overprocessed and shockingly bad compared to sven/gary/fraser's offerings. It's like every shot he takes is super-noisy and out of focus so it's smoothed and sharpened to hell and back?

Or maybe the only problem is that he's sending dirt originals and letting some non-photographer do the post-processing and they've not got a clue.

jwin

Chimp
Sep 3, 2005
Thanks for the update. Is there any sign of a "let up" in the weather situation?
Any decision as to when qualification will take place? Sunday morning? or later on Saturday?

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Qualies takes place starting at 9:30 am tomorrow, practice 7-9. 4x as scheduled tonight, yuck? Some guys are talking about running DH bikes and full spikes, it's that bad.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Has 4x been brought forwards? Freecaster is saying live in 30 minutes! Which screws me over as I'm just about to go for a road ride and was looking forward to watching it when I got home!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
4x is supposed to start at 4:45, as scheduled. It will be an absolute mess though, it's mega deep mud in a few places and the jumps are pretty damn soft....they were soft when it was dry out!

Zebulon

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Cardiff
Has 4x been brought forwards? Freecaster is saying live in 30 minutes! Which screws me over as I'm just about to go for a road ride and was looking forward to watching it when I got home!
Maybe they have brought it forwards because there is no DH quali? Either way it's saying 18 min's on the countdown for me now.

Edit
The timer has now changed to say that its 41 min's to go?

Last edited: