Quantcast

Maribor World Cup Round #1 & #2

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just watched the cathro video earlier where he fractured his neck mid summer. He's hoping to be at Maribor racing.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
WynTV track walk up. Danny Hart interview at the end was the most uncomfortable thing I've seen in a while. Anyone got the background on that??

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
WynTV track walk up. Danny Hart interview at the end was the most uncomfortable thing I've seen in a while. Anyone got the background on that??

Yes, take a look around:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Danny Hart to Orange... back in the day UK cell provider used the tagline "The future's bright, the future's Orange" and Danny's knowing "The future's bright" line in the Wyn TV interview has me convinced.

I think he rode Orange bikes way back at the start of his career (when every UK rider rode an Orange) so it'd be a nice return for him.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Been a while since I've heard good audio of the riders on a surface like this. Sounds hard and the tires all sound like they have inserts. Anyone else getting that?
That track is so rad! I think it’s a little colder so the tires sound different and pretty much everyone rides some sort of insert. There are a lot of heavy g-outs and the roots are tall so I think that makes it sound like that. That hard pack is so slippery when it first gets wet. It’ll be like an ice rink until it gets cut up and soft.

Side note: I completely tore my hamstring in Maribor last year, partying after the race..... before dark. My leg has never been the same.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Been a while since I've heard good audio of the riders on a surface like this. Sounds hard and the tires all sound like they have inserts. Anyone else getting that?
i thought it was fairly well known that most if not all wc dh racers are running some variety of insert

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Is that cracking/clapping sound from the wheels? Wasn’t sure if it was from bottoming out but it happens over roots and during G-outs where I wouldn’t expect full compression. I have noticed it a lot with the V 10s. If it’s from the wheels then wow and a bit of a sound track in the Vital vid.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Watching the RAW footy of the rock gallery there are wicked rim strikes "PONG!" from pretty much every rider. I too love the tire sounds of Maribor... Looks like such a fun track in the dry--would be afeerd in the wet tho.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Watching the RAW footy of the rock gallery there are wicked rim strikes "PONG!" from pretty much every rider. I too love the tire sounds of Maribor... Looks like such a fun track in the dry--would be afeerd in the wet tho.
You can definitely hear the strikes in this PB video (1:20). But then Bruni goes through without a single sound...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
You can definitely hear the strikes in this PB video (1:20). But then Bruni goes through without a single sound...

Wow – the vital video is superior in every way. The difference in audio quality/volume is striking.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Its definitely better with headphones (better in general, not better than Vital's).
Just re-watched it w/ headphones. Looks like it was taken w/ a mobile phone. The action is cool, but I stand by my original comments :P

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Also Ben Cathro's instagram says he isn't racing, but will be doing some video work and other stuff at the race.
That does not surprise me. Ben took a beating in that crash; not the best way to try to start a comeback.

As always, looking forward to his on-track analysis.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne

that's just the way he talks,
his speech is effected by the weight of his huge balls pulling down on his internal organs which in turn pull down on his voice box

you don't have to be so insensitive about it.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
was watching that. And then wondered why anyone would take the long way round. Then I went and watch Cathro's analysis of the rock garden last year... snakey line was quicker then (obviously different conditions, and maybe taped differently too), but still fun to watch. Man I miss his analysis...

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
Can’t figure out who went down at the start of the Vital video, but that was some face to rock loving. Could not have been pleasant.

Bruni does seem to ride a lot lighter and smoother than most. In one of the earlier videos when the track was dry, there was a rider in blue and white kit and what looked like a blue and white Commencal and he stood out due to his speed and smoothness.

No racing all year and then we get 2 wicked tracks back to back. Watching Maribor in the wet is no disappointment but I would love a dry race. Riders were saying track 2 is a little slower and more tech, so dry for track 1 and wet for track 2 would be nice, says this spectator.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Can’t figure out who went down at the start of the Vital video, but that was some face to rock loving. Could not have been pleasant.
Young Mexican dude.
Fabian Alcantar de los Reyes
DNQ

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
gotta love the troll smile of Maes' in the hot seat

I like to imagine that same look on his face behind the full face whilst perfectly calmly being bucked the fuck about his bike for most of the second half of the track.

Yeah. I'm drunk

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Feed frozen
just commentry with shandro frozen on screen

FUCK