Quantcast

Maribor World Cup Round #1 & #2

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
BTW, there was a fast right-hand turn with a deep rut in it, at the outer side, which repeated in both races. On Friday while it was raining I thought it was the mud grabbing the tires which forced the riders almost to a full stop. Today, with much more dryer conditions, it still put everyone off pace. I thought Gwin would pull off one of those lines nobody else sees there, but he still opted to land the jump open and go into the rut.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Can we take a moment to talk about how fluid but still composed those Öhlins forks on the Speci boys' bikes are? :eek:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'd enjoy a total geek out on what tires were used on each bike. For each race.

Just listening to Wyn's post race interview from race 1, it sounded like PA, Loris's mech said "new shorty" on front Wet Scream on back?

I hate mud. Would hate to have to put mud tires on. But would love to hear how the best in the world handled Maribor with the changing conditions.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
^^^ this
Last season I've felt Bruni and Iles' bikes were super quiet and composed, which I chalked up to the Ohlins.
What shock was Angel Suarez running?
I thought his rear looked most composed and glued to the ground out of everyone previous to him

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Why are so many DT riders on 471 rims instead of 511?

Stronger
Inserts work better
Contact patch / tire traction

?
Because they want a 25mm wide rim instead of 30mm...
?

Perhaps with the inserts the 30mm has no benefit?

But also those are just stickers... could be any rim

Also they are 29" so the ex511 weighs 570g
With the 471 coming in at 530g

Not really earth shartering....

Last edited: